Recognized since 2018
Joe Kendall is a former federal judge of 15 years, appointed to the bench by President George H.W. Bush in 1992. In 1999, he was appointed by President Bill Clinton as a Commissioner on the U.S. Sentencing Commission, where he served until 2002.
Prior to his federal judicial service, Judge Kendall practiced as a trial lawyer, representing individuals and corporations in complex cases in both Texas state and federal courts. He then spent 5 ½ years as a Texas State District Court Judge. Since leaving the bench, Judge Kendall has returned to private practice.
With over 25 years of experience as a trial lawyer, representing individuals, pension funds, corporations, and other entities, Judge Kendall has tried to verdict over 100 jury trials. He has participated in many significant cases resulting in the recovery of well over 1 billion dollars. He has served as lead and co-lead counsel in class actions and frequently serves as local counsel for out of state lawyers in venues all across Texas. Judge Kendall also serves as a mock trial strategy consultant throughout the country. He has repeatedly been selected by his peers as a member of “Best Lawyers in America”, as a Texas Super Lawyer, a Trial Lawyer of Distinction, and D Magazine's Best Lawyers.
- Lawyer Page: https://kendalllawgroup.com/attorneys/joe-kendall/
- 3811 Turtle Creek, Suite 1450
Dallas, TX 75219
- Baylor University, J.D.
- Southern Methodist University, B.B.A.
- Texas, State Bar of Texas
- American Bar Association - Member
- Dallas Bar Association - Member
- United States District Court – Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court – Southern District of Texas
- Court of International Trade
- The Supreme Court of the United States
- United States District Court – Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. 5th Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. 7th Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States District Court – Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court – Western District of Texas
- United States District Court – District of Columbia
- United States District Court – District of Colorado
- United States District Court – Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court – Southern District of Indiana
- Commercial Litigation
- Best Lawyers in America, 2022-2024
- Texas Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2014-2023
- Best Lawyers in Dallas, D Magazine
- Trial Lawyers of Distinction
- Appellate Practice
- Securities Regulation
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.