Recognized since 2003
Salt Lake City, Utah
Litigation - Environmental
Natural Resources Law
Jody helps clients navigate the complexities of doing business in the Mountain West, with a special focus on, and a national reputation for water law.
She understands the complex, competing demands for water across the region and the political, economic, and social contexts in which disputes arise. As a long-time problem solver, Jody has negotiated resolution of these conflicts with agencies, diverse stakeholders, and public interest groups. She is recognized throughout the industry for her knowledge of water rights, natural resources, commercial real estate transactions, and energy law. Her clients include industrial, commercial, and residential developers; water conservancy districts; energy and mining companies; ranchers; and water companies.
Jody currently serves as the Federal Commissioner and Chair of the Bear River Commission by appointment of President of the United States and has specialized in water issues in the Bear River Basin her entire career. She previously was appointed by two US Presidents to the Utah Reclamation Mitigation Conservation Commission, a federal agency responsible for mitigating environmental impacts from developing Utah’s Colorado River apportionment by the Central Utah Project.
Contact & Links
- 222 South Main Street, Suite 2200
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
- Utah, Utah State Bar
- Colorado, Colorado Bar Association
- Commercial Real Estate Women - Member
- Salt Lake Chamber - Board of Trustees
- Utah Reclamation Mitigation Conservation Commission - Chair
- United States District Court
- Utah - Supreme Court
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Water Law, Salt Lake City (2016)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Environmental Law
- Litigation - Environmental
- Natural Resources Law
- Agriculture Law
- Water Law
- Water Rights
- Recipient of the Salt Lake Chamber of Commerce “Pathfinder 2011” Award
- ecognized as one of Utah Business Magazine’s “30 Women to Watch”
- “1994 Lawyer of the Year,” Energy, Natural Resources and Environmental Law section of the Utah State Bar
- Recognized by her peers as one of the “Top 50 Women” by Mountain States Super Lawyers in the area of Energy and Natural Resources
- AV rating from Martindale Hubbell
- Ranked in Chambers USA in the areas of Energy and Natural Resources
"I have worked with Jody for over 14 years and have found her reputation, demeanor, ethics, and expertise unmatched in areas concerning water rights law. Jody has always been willing to go the extra mile and to do so in a timely manner. I have always felt Jody represented my best interests when presented with complex water rights issues. I would highly recommend her to anyone needing legal advice in this area."
- Michael Stewart (Land Equity Partners)
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.