Jo Watson Hackl
Recognized in:Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)Corporate Compliance Law...
Law School:Millsaps College
Location:44 East Camperdown WayP.O. Box 728Greenville, SC 29602-0728
- Millsaps College, BA, graduated 1985
- Alabama, Alabama State Bar Association
- South Carolina, South Carolina Bar
- Camperdown Academy - Board of Directors
- Greenville Area Development Corporation - Past Chair, Board of Directors
- Leadership Greenville - Past Forum President
- Liberty Fellowship - Economic Development Forum Co-Chair
- The Community Foundation of Greenville - Chair, Board of Directors
- The Emrys Foundation - President and Board Member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers for:
- Corporate Governance Law, Greenville (2019)
- Corporate Law, Greenville (2017)
- Corporate Governance Law, Greenville (2016)
- Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships), Greenville (2015)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in:
- Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
- Corporate Compliance Law
- Corporate Governance Law
- Corporate Law
- Selected as one of Greenville Business Magazine's 50 Most Influential: 2010, 2011
- Selected as a 2010 Woman of Achievement by the YWCA
- Liberty Fellow, Class of 2008
- Recipient of the Richard Riley and the South Carolina Bar Pro Bono Award
- Selected as one of 35 in the inaugural class of "Best and Brightest" by Greenville Magazine
- United States Court of Appeals
Lawyer Case History
Representatve matters include
- Represented an international public company in connection with a shelf registration statement covering up to $750 million of common stock, preferred stock, depositary shares, stock purchase contracts, stock purchase units, warrants, debt securities and trust preferred securities.
- Represented an international public company in connection with 144A private placement of $400 million of notes and subsequent registered exchange offering.
- Represented an international public company in connection with a $250 million offering of floating rate notes. This offering was a takedown from the shelf registration statement described above.
- Represented a public company in connection with a tender offer and consent solicitation relating to its Senior Notes (approximately $31 million in aggregate amount then outstanding).