Recognized since 2013
Mercer Island, Washington
Jim White specializes in the domestic and foreign prosecution of software and Internet-related patents, and also provides services in strategic planning and analysis of patent portfolios, patent validity and infringement opinions, and patent licensing. He received his technical degrees from Stanford University, including an M.S. in Computer Science (1991) and a B.S. in Symbolic Systems with an emphasis in Artificial Intelligence (1989). After over six years of work as a software engineer in the Silicon Valley, he returned to Boalt Hall at the University of California, Berkeley, where he received his J.D. (1997) and was appointed to the Order of the Coif. While at Boalt Hall, he was an Executive Editor of the Berkeley Technology Law Journal.EXPERIENCE
Jim’s professional experience includes research and development work at several companies, including Nortel Networks and Rockwell International. He has extensive expertise in a number of software-related technologies and e-commerce applications, including communications protocols, cryptography, object-oriented programming, telecom, data mining, operating systems, networking, decision theory, artificial intelligence, compilers, and parallel-processing.
Jim has spoken on and is co-author of the publication, “Software Patents: Procuring and Enforcing,” The Patent Resources Group, October 1999, as well as authoring several other software-related legal publications.
Jim is admitted to the Washington State Bar (1997) and is registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. He is a member of the Washington State Bar Association and the Washington State Patent Law Association.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Direct Phone Number: 206-905-8188
- Phone Number: 206-905-8188
- Lawyer Page: https://www.vlplawgroup.com/attorneys/jim-white/
- 7683 Southeast 27th Street, Suite 145
Mercer Island, WA 98040
- University of California Berkeley, J.D., graduated 1997
- Stanford University, MS, graduated 1991
- Stanford University, BS, graduated 1989
- Washington, Washington State Bar Association
- District of Columbia, USPTO
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office Bar - Member
- Washington State Bar Association - Member
- Washington State Patent Law Association - Member
5 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
- Patent Law
- Rising Stars Of Washington Law, 2006-2008
- ASCAP's 1997 Nathan Burkan National Copyright Writing Competition, First Place
- California State Bar IP Section, 1997 Competition for Outstanding Papers Relating to Intellectual Property, First Place
- UC Berkeley Law School, Boalt Hall - Order Of The Coif
- Listed in Washington Super Lawyers, 2015-2022
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America®, 2013-2023.
- Information Technology Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.