Recognized since 2018
Litigation - Insurance
Board Certified in Civil Appellate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Jessica Barger has experience in both trial and appellate matters. In private practice, she has assisted in or handled all phases of litigation for a wide variety of clients involved in insurance defense and coverage, products liability, premises liability, personal injury, and commercial lawsuits in state and federal court. While at the Fourteenth Court of Appeals, she researched legal and factual issues, made recommendations to the judges, and assisted the judges in drafting and editing opinions regarding a wide variety of complex civil and criminal appeals, as well as original proceedings.
A name partner in Wright Close & Barger in Houston, Ms. Barger has submitted briefs and argued cases in the Supreme Court of Texas, in several intermediate appellate courts throughout Texas, and in the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. She is a frequent speaker on various appellate and insurance coverage issues. She has also has been recognized among the Best Lawyers in America for appellate law, as well as one of Houston’s Top Lawyers for the People by H Texas Magazine.
Wright Close & Barger earned recognition among the Best Law Firms in 2019-2021 with a National Tier 1 ranking in Appellate, by U.S. News and Best Lawyers. The firm also has Tier 1 rankings in Houston for Commercial Litigation, Personal Injury Defense, and Appellate Practice.
Contact & Links
- One Riverway, Suite 2200
Houston, TX 77056
- South Texas College of Law , J.D., graduated 2001
- Concordia College, B.A,, Political Science and History, with honors, graduated 1998
- United States, State Bar of Texas
- United States, State Bar of Minnesota
- American Bar Association - Member
- Houston Bar Association - Member
- Houston Bar Association, Appellate Section - Council Member
- Houston Young Lawyers Association - Member
- State Bar of Texas, Appellate Section - Member
- State Bar of Texas
- United States District Courts for the Eastern and Southern Districts of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Appellate Practice
- Litigation - Insurance
- Best Lawyers in America, Appellate Practice, 2018-2021
- Texas Rising Stars by Thomson Reuters, 2012-2015
- Texas Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters, 2019-2020
SpecialtyBoard Certified in Civil Appellate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.