Recognized since 2006
Entertainment Law - Motion Pictures and Television
Entertainment Law - Music
Jess L. Rosen focuses his practice on talent representation, including all facets of transactional entertainment matters in the music, film, television and new media industries. He represents, advises and counsels numerous songwriters, producers, recording artists, actors, writers and executives in all aspects of their entertainment careers. As a professional musician, Jess has a unique perspective and understanding of both the creative and business issues faced by talent today.
Contact & Links
- Terminus 200, Suite 2500
3333 Piedmont Road, NE
Atlanta, GA 30305
- University of Florida, BSBA, graduated 1977
- Georgia, State Bar of Georgia
- American Bar Association - Member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Entertainment Law - Music, Atlanta (2022)
- Entertainment Law - Music, Atlanta (2016)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Entertainment Law - Motion Pictures and Television
- Entertainment Law - Music
- Talent Deals in TV and Motion Pictures
- Atlanta Business Chronicle, "Dealmakers," April 16, 2009
- Georgia Trend magazine, "Legal Elite," 2009-2013
- Super Lawyers magazine, Georgia Super Lawyers, 2007-2013
Areas of Concentration
- Entertainment law
- Executive compensation agreements
- Represents numerous songwriters in publishing and joint venture arrangements with major publishing companies and in connection with the sale of publishing catalogs.
- Represents numerous producers in production agreements for the production of master recordings.
- Represents numerous new and "superstar" recording artists in negotiations and re-negotiations with major record companies for recording, soundtrack, branding, endorsement, commercial, touring agreements and other new media agreements.
- Represents numerous high profile producers, writers and recording artists in distribution, joint ventures, label and production agreements with major record companies.
- Represents "superstar" recording artists in multi-year touring agreements.
- Represents major record companies as in-house legal and business affairs counsel.
- Represents numerous writers in the sale of music catalogs.
- Represents major actors in negotiation of their film and television agreements.
- Represents "superstar" artists in negotiation of branding agreements with major spirits and beverage companies.
- Represents Broadway actors in negotiation of theater agreements and recording agreements.
- Represents leading recording artists in their literary agreements with major book publishers.
- Represents a major nonprofit organization as its general counsel in all entertainment dealings, including annual major-market fundraising concert.
- Represents significant senior level record and publishing executives in their employment negotiations.
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.