Recognized since 2014
Bridgewater, New Jersey
Family Law Arbitration
Family Law Mediation
District of Columbia
U.S. District Court
U.S. Supreme Court
Jerry S. D’Aniello, a member of the firm, devotes his practice exclusively to all aspects of divorce and family law. Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Matrimonial Law Attorney, he has worked with clients whose needs lie in all areas of matrimonial and family law, including divorce litigation, mediation, and arbitration; post-judgment litigation; custody and parenting time issues; alimony and child support; pre-nuptial agreements; matrimonial settlement agreements; palimony suits; domestic violence; and domestic partnership matters. He takes great pride and care in helping his clients make it through these difficult personal matters.
To add to the breadth of his substantial family law litigation practice, Jerry also has considerable experience as a mediator and arbitrator for all divorce and family law related matters. He is a trained arbitrator having successfully completed the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers’ Arbitration Training Institute. He is a court-appointed custody mediator and is also admitted to the rosters of Mediators for Economic Aspects of Family Law Cases for thirteen New Jersey counties including Somerset, Hunterdon, Mercer, Morris and Union. Since 2000, he has served as a Matrimonial Early Settlement Panelist for Somerset and Hunterdon Counties. Jerry has received Certificates of Appreciation from the Somerset County Superior Court in recognition of his valuable contributions as a Mediator for Economic Aspects of Family Law Cases, for the Custody & Parenting Time Program and as a facilitator for the Matrimonial Early Settlement Panel.
Jerry is a Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, the pre-eminent family law association in America, and serves as the Treasurer of the New Jersey Chapter. He was named the Best Lawyers® 2015 Family Law Mediation “Lawyer of the Year” in the Newark, New Jersey, Metro Area. Jerry has also been named among New Jersey Super Lawyers, consecutively since 2010, and among Best Lawyers in America since 2014. He was selected as a New Jersey Rising Stars in 2006 and 2007 in Family Law. In 2003, Jerry was selected by his peers as one of the Top 10 Attorneys Under 40 in Family Law.
In addition to traditional client representation in divorce litigation, Jerry is a trained Collaborative Law Attorney. His collaborative practice involves working with clients to resolve legal disputes outside the court through a written agreement between all parties, as well as full disclosure of information. The parties, attorneys and other collaborative law professionals, if necessary, work together to achieve what is best for both parties and the family to resolve all issues without contentious court proceedings. This less adversarial approach benefits the entire family during the difficult and challenging time of separations and divorces.
After law school, Jerry served as an Assistant Prosecutor in Somerset County before entering private practice and concentrating on family law matters.
He is a frequent speaker and author on a wide variety of family law topics. He has also served as a family law instructor for Fairleigh Dickinson University’s paralegal studies division.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: http://www.snydersarno.com/attorneys/jerry-daniello
- 440 Route 22 East, Suite 170
Bridgewater, NJ 08807
- Pace University , J.D., graduated 1994
- Northeastern University, BS, graduated 1990
- New Jersey, New Jersey State Bar Association
- District of Columbia, The District of Columbia Bar
- New York, New York State Bar Association
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers - Board of Managers
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers - Chair, Sponsorship Committee, New Jersey Chapter
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers - Fellowship
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers - Secretary, New Jersey Chapter
- American Bar Association - Member
- International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers - Fellowship
- New Jersey Association for Justice - Member
- New Jersey Collaborative Law Group - Member
- New Jersey Divorce Arbitrators Association - Co-Founder
- New Jersey State Bar Association - Family Law Section
- Somerset County Bar Association - Member
- Somerset County Bar Foundation - Board of Trustees
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Family Law Mediation, Woodbridge (2023)
- Family Law Arbitration, Woodbridge (2022)
- Family Law, Woodbridge (2021)
- Family Law Mediation, Newark (2018)
- Family Law Mediation, Newark (2015)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Family Law
- Family Law Arbitration
- Family Law Mediation
- Arbitration and Mediation
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Equitable Division
- Prenuptial Agreements
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.