Recognized since 2005
Litigation and Controversy - Tax
- 100 South Third Street
Columbus, OH 43215-4291
- Capital University, J.D.
- Capital University, B.A.
- New York University, LL.M
- Internal Revenue Service National Office, Washington D.C. - Attorney, Office of Chief Counsel
- Jeanne B. McCoy Community Center for the Arts - Member, Board of Directors
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Litigation and Controversy - Tax, Columbus, OH (2021)
- Litigation and Controversy - Tax, Columbus, OH (2014)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Litigation and Controversy - Tax
- Tax Law
- Recipient, Multicultural Leadership Award, Ohio Diversity Council, 2016
- Recipient, Capital University Distinguished Alumnus Award, 2019
- Recipient, 2013 David D. White Award, Capital University Law School, 2013
- Recipient, Columbus Bar Association, Community Service Award
- Ranked as AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell™
"Jerry Allen provides excellent and quality service!"
"Jerry Allen is perhaps one of the finest lawyers I have ever encountered. He has provided us solid legal advice on all of the legal and business matters that we have faced over the years. He blends his strong legal background with his keen business mind to provide excellent guidance in many different areas. He has always been very responsive and has taken the time to understand our organization, as well as the industry in which we operate."
- Michael S. Kappas (Apprisen), Columbus, OH
"Jerry Allen is a seasoned and highly competent attorney in the complex area of church and not-for-profit law. With over 25 years helping exempt organizations with their legal needs, he brings perspective and creative solutions to the table constantly. His experience and key connections in this niche field cause organizations that are national in scope to seek out his valuable services. Jerry is highly responsive, zeroing in on the core issues and bringing the right attorney seamlessly into the equation to assist as needed. His professionalism is unquestioned, without sacrificing approachability and empathetic concern. A specific area of expertise of Jerry's is the efficient formation of subsidiary companies to facilitate an organization's vision and purpose, while limiting its liability. Jerry also guides our compensation committee, allowing its members to be confident and effective in their responsibilities. We are so pleased to have Jerry as a key resource to our executive team."
- Scott Lee (World Harvest Church)
"Mr. Allen has represented the City of Columbus in a rather adversarial challenge by a federal government agency. Mr. Allen's scholarly, professional, and calm approach to the challenge resulted in a settlement far, far advantageous to the City when compared to the original demands of the federal agency. Mr. Allen's knowledge of the applicable law and his debate skills were very evident to this grateful client."
- Hugh J. Dorrian (City of Columbus, Ohio), Columbus, OH
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.