Recognized in:Mergers & Acquisitions LawNatural Resources Law
Law School:Harvard University
Location:100 King Street West1 First Canadian PlaceSuite 6200, P.O. Box 50Toronto, ON M5X 1B8
- Harvard University, AB
- University of Toronto, LL.B
- Ontario, The Law Society of Upper Canada
- Canadian Bar Association - Member
- Law Society of Upper Canada - Member
- Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada - Member
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada for work in:
- Mergers & Acquisitions Law
- Natural Resources Law
- Lexpert Rising Stars : Leading Lawyers Under 40
- IFLR 1000: The Guide to the World’s Leading Financial Law Firms : Mergers & Acquisitions
- Lexpert Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-border Corporate Lawyers in Canada : Corporate Finance & Securities; Mergers & Acquisitions
- The Lexpert/American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada : Corporate Commercial Law; Corporate Finance & Securities; Mergers & Acquisitions; Corporate Mid-Market
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory : Mergers & Acquisitions; Mining; Corporate Finance & Securities; Corporate Commercial Law; Corporate Mid-Market
- Lexpert Special Edition: Canada’s Leading Corporate Lawyers
- Lexpert Special Edition: Leading Canadian Lawyers in Global Mining
- Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Business Lawyers : Corporate/M&A
- Counsel to underwriting syndicate led by RBC Capital Markets, Barclays Capital Canada Inc., Merrill Lynch Canada Inc. and BMO Capital Markets for Oryx Petroleum Corporation Limited's $250 million initial public offering.
- The special committee of the board of directors of Inmet Mining Corporation in response to the unsolicited offer by First Quantum Minerals Ltd.
- Goldman Sachs and RBC Capital Markets in connection with their role as financial advisors to Nexen Inc. on its sale to CNOOC Ltd.
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan in connection with its joint acquisition of Q9 Networks with Bell Canada, Providence Equity Partners and Madison Dearborn Partners.
- TELUS Corporation in connection with its proposals in 2012 to move from a dual class share structure to a single class of outstanding common shares, and related proxy fights with Mason Capital Management LLC.
- London Stock Exchange Group plc on its proposed merger with TMX Group Inc.
- Magna International Inc. on its dual class share capital reorganization.
- The board of directors of Addax Petroleum Corporation in connection with the sale of Addax to Sinopec International Petroleum Exploration and Production Corporation
- Lundin Mining Corporation on its private placement to and proposed business combination with HudBay Minerals Inc.
- Kinross Gold Corporation on its acquisition of Aurelian Resources Inc.
- Royal Bank of Canada on its acquisition of Phillips, Hager & North Investment Management Ltd.
- Magna International Inc. on the investment by OJSC Russian Machines
- IPSCO Inc. on its sale to SSAB Svenskt Stål AB
- Novelis Inc. on its sale to Hindalco Industries Limited
- Canwest Global Communications Corp. on the acquisition and reorganization of Alliance Atlantis Communications Inc.
TransCanada Tower, Suite 2500
450 First Street, SW
Calgary, AB T2P 5H1
1055 West Hastings Street, Suite 1700
Vancouver, BC V6E 2E9
340 Albert Street, Suite 1900
Ottawa, ON K1R 7Y6
1000, rue De La Gauchetière Ouest
Montréal, QC H3B 4W5
620 Eighth Avenue, 36th Floor
New York, NY 10018