Recognized since 2017
St. Louis, Missouri
Jennifer R. Piper practices in all areas of family law. She received her law degree from Saint Louis University School of Law and graduated from University of Missouri-Columbia with a B.A. in political science.
She is a member of the Missouri Bar Association. Ms. Piper was named a Rising Star, Up and Coming Lawyer for the State of Missouri by Missouri Lawyers Weekly for 2009; a Rising Star, Up and Coming Lawyer for 2010-2015 by Missouri Super Lawyers; and was named to The Best Lawyers in America® 2017-2021 in the practice area of Family Law. Ms. Piper recently received a Women’s Justice Award from Missouri Lawyers Weekly in 2019 and recognized by Missouri Super Lawyers in 2020-2021.
Ms. Piper served as a member of the 2010 and 2011 inaugural class of Barristers in The Theodore McMillian American Inn of Court. As a member and Past President of The St. Louis County Bar Association, Ms. Piper is still actively involved in the organization and helps organize Continuing Legal Education Seminars and events. Ms. Piper was appointed and served on a special committee of the Missouri Bar Association dealing with issues involving juvenile cases and immigration. Ms. Piper was appointed by St. Louis County Circuit Court Judge Burton to serve on a special committee to improve the Family Court of St. Louis County that developed and implemented new local rules and procedures. Ms. Piper served on the Board of Directors for Caring for Kids, an organization developed and designed to provide essential resources to meet the urgent needs of children in foster care in St. Louis County.
Certified as a Guardian Ad Litem, Ms. Piper is regularly appointed to represent and protect children by Judges and Commissioners in St. Louis County and St. Louis City. Ms. Piper volunteers as a Guardian Ad Litem for the St. Louis County Domestic Violence Court Docket. Ms. Piper is certified as a Mediator for civil and family law matters. Ms. Piper is also a certified Parenting Coordinator and is regularly appointed by the Court to assist families with the most difficult custody matters. Ms. Piper has successfully represented numerous individuals in all areas of domestic law. Many cases have involved dissolutions, paternity actions, child custody disputes, child support disputes, adoption, juvenile law, abuse and neglect, property division, and guardianship proceedings.
Ms. Piper has successfully argued in front of the Missouri Appellate Court on several occasions. Most notably, Ms. Piper argued in the reported case of Brown v. Shannahan, 141 S.W.3d 77 (Mo.App. E.D. 2004). In Brown, the Court agreed with Ms. Piper and established the following new holding: that the statute governing relocations of parents and minor children did not apply to cases where the court was making an initial determination of paternity and custody.
- 130 South Bemiston Avenue, Suite 608
St. Louis, MO 63105
- Saint Louis University , JD, graduated 2001
- University of Missouri - Columbia, BA, graduated 1998
- Missouri, 2001
- Illinois, 2002
- Collaborative Family Law Association - Member
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals - Member
- St. Louis County Bar Association - Past President
- The Missouri Bar Association Juvenile Courts and Law Committee - Vice Chair 2011-2012
- Caring For Kids - Board of Directors 2010-2013
- St. Louis County Law Library - Board of Directors 2004-2010
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts - National Member and Missouri Chapter
- Women’s Lawyers Association - Member
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis - Member
- The Theodore McMillian Inns of Court - Barrister, Inagural Class 2010
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Family Law
- Missouri Super Lawyers, 2020
- US News and World Reports - Best Lawyers, St. Louis Family Law 2017-2021
- Women's Justice Award, Missouri Lawyers Weekly, 2019
- Named Up and Coming Lawyer- Rising Star from Missouri Super Lawyers, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Reinker, Hamilton & Piper LLC Best Law Firms, Family Law, US News and World Reports 2016-2020
- Named Up and Coming Lawyer from Lawyers Weekly, 2009
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Ranking
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.