Jennifer is a trial attorney focusing on defense of medical malpractice claims against hospitals, physicians and other health care providers. In addition to medical malpractice lawsuits, she represents healthcare providers before administrative and disciplinary boards, and advises health care systems on quality improvement and credentialing matters. Jennifer began her career doing litigation in a heavy asbestos defense practice. She has experience working on product liability claims including drug and medical device lawsuits, and multi-district litigation of pharmaceutical claims. As a result, Jennifer is well versed and practiced in several types of civil litigation, and she is an experienced trial attorney who represents clients in state, federal, and appellate courts.
Jennifer is a member of the Washington Health Care Risk Management Society, Washington Defense Trial Lawyers, the American Society of Healthcare Risk Management, and the Mother Attorneys Mentoring Association of Seattle. She has also served as a mock trial coach for high school seniors at Lakeside School, and is currently an adjunct professor at Seattle University School of Law teaching medical liability to second and third year law students for the Fall 2019 semester. Jennifer graduated magna cum laude from the Seattle University School of Law where she served as Managing Editor of the Seattle University Law Review. Jennifer was selected to Super Lawyers in 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019, and was selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America for 2019 and 2020.
Areas of Practice
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Civil Litigation & Trial Practice
- Health Professionals & Facilities Licensing, Investigations & Disciplines
- Products Liability
- Healthcare Licensing Washington Medical Commission (formerly MQAC) Representation
Prior Professional Experience
- Bennett Bigelow & Leedom, P.S., Shareholder, 2015 to present
- Bennett Bigelow & Leedom, P.S., Associate, 2010 – 2014
- Williams Kastner & Gibbs PLLC, Associate, 2004 - 2010
- Williams Kastner & Gibbs PLLC, Summer Associate, 2003
- Demco Law Firm P.S., Legal Intern, 2002 - 2003
- Khattar Wong, Singapore, Summer Intern, 2002