Jeffrey Vicq is a partner of the firm and a member of the Intellectual Property and Information Technology Groups.
He has extensive experience with intellectual property law matters and with complex commercial law issues that typically arise in the development, implementation, exploitation and transfer of information technology-related products and services.
Intellectual Property Services
- Trademark registration, enforcement, licensing and portfolio counseling
- Copyright registration, enforcement, licensing and counseling
- Domain name registration, acquisition and disputes
- Intellectual property audits and due diligence
- Social media advice and counseling
- The transfer and commercialization of IP rights
- Intellectual property aspects of employment and contractor agreements
Technology Law Services
- Master agreements for the procurement of hardware, software and professional services
- Hardware and software design and development agreements
- Software licensing and support agreements, including for SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS services
- Open source software licenses and related issues
- Hosting and co-location agreements
- Outsourcing agreements
- Licensing, bundling and distribution agreements
- Marketing and promotional agreements
- Manufacturing, supply, distribution and sales representative agreements
- Internal and external technology use policies
- Personal information protection, privacy policies and guidelines
Jeffrey is a frequent speaker and lecturer in both Canada and the United States on intellectual property and technology matters. He routinely authors articles outlining developments impacting businesses and organizations in the technology, information technology and education sectors.
Jeffrey has been repeatedly recognized as one of the Best Lawyers in Canada in the areas of technology law and information technology law.
With precise, business-practical and responsive service, Jeffrey supports his client’s efforts to advance their business goals.