Recognized since 2005
Fort Myers, Florida
Medical Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs
Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
Jeffrey R. Garvin is a Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer who has litigated catastrophic injury and death cases throughout the country for over 30 years. During that time period he has tried before juries: cases involving aviation, automobile and boat accidents, medical and legal malpractice, defective products and has achieved multiple verdicts in excess of $1 Million. Mr. Garvin has been a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum® since 2004.
Beginning in law school Mr. Garvin demonstrated excellence in advocacy by receiving the Best Trial Lawyer Award. That tradition has continued throughout his career and in 2005 he was selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America ® in which he has been listed in each successive year. He is also listed in Law and Leading Attorneys and selected for inclusion in Florida Super Lawyers ® continuously since 2006. Additionally, Mr. Garvin has achieved an AV® peer review rating from the Martindale-Hubbell group; this is their highest possible rating.
Mr. Garvin is the past president of the Florida Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates, a past president of the Calusa Inns of Court, Past President of the Edison Community College Endowment Corporation, and Past President of the Sanibel-Captiva Rotary Trust Fund. He has served on the Board of Directors of the Academy of Florida Trial lawyers for 14 years chairing virtually all of their committees. Mr. Garvin has lectured extensively to numerous legal associations including the Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers, the Association of Trial Lawyers of America, the Georgia and South Carolina and Maine Trial Lawyers Associations. He has published numerous articles and was a co-author of Trial Advocacy: The Official Handbook of the Academy of Florida Trial Lawyer.
A 1973 graduate of the University of Florida, College of Law, Mr. Garvin is licensed to practice law in Florida, and North Carolina, and has been admitted to numerous Federal Courts and various state courts throughout the country.
Mr. Garvin has been a pilot since 1975 and holds both single engine, multi-engine, and instrument ratings and his hobbies include flying, fishing and skiing. He has been married to his wife, Susan since 1975 and they have two children, Leland with whom he practices law and Daryl who teaches school in Fort Myers.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Direct Phone Number: 239-277-0005
- Phone Number: 239-277-0005
- Lawyer Page: https://www.garvinlegal.com/attorney-profiles/fort-myers-personal-injury-lawyer
- 4280 South Cleveland Avenue
Fort Myers, FL 33901
- 2671 Airport Road South, Suite 302
Naples, FL 34112
- 317 Whitehead Street
Key West, FL 33040
- University of Florida, J.D., graduated 1973
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs, Fort Myers (2021)
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs, Fort Myers (2018)
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs, Fort Myers (2016)
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs, Fort Myers (2013)
- Personal Injury Litigation, Fort Myers (2011)
- Medical Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Automobile Collision
- Aviation Litigation
- Brain Injury
- Catastrophic Injury
- Legal Malpractice
- Medical Malpractice
- Product Liability
- Wrongful Death
- Medical Malpractice Law
- Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants
- Personal Injury Litigation
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.