Recognized since 2003
Los Angeles, California
Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
Litigation - Bankruptcy
Mr. Davidson has a national practice in bankruptcy reorganizations and out-of-court restructurings. He has frequently served as lead counsel representing both public and private business entities in a variety of industries. In addition, Mr. Davidson commonly represents hedge funds and other significant holders of securities in connection with complex chapter 11 reorganizations and workouts, and has handled many insolvency-related sales and acquisitions. He is a fellow of the American College of Bankruptcy, where he is a member of its Board of Regents, its Nominating Committee, chair of its Ninth Circuit Council, and immediate past chair of its Ninth Circuit Educational Programs Committee. Mr. Davidson was named a "Lawyer of the Year" for Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law in the 20th edition of Best Lawyers in America and for Litigation - Bankruptcy in the 21st edition. He has been listed by the Best Lawyers in America every year since 2001; by Chambers USA in the practice area of Bankruptcy / Restructuring; by Southern California Superlawyers in the practice area of Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights every year since 2004; and by Who's Who in America; and Who's Who in American Law.
Mr. Davidson has published and lectured on a variety of bankruptcy-related topics. For several years he has presented annual bankruptcy update programs for the Financial Lawyers Conference, for the Bankruptcy Section of the New Mexico State Bar, and previously for the Business Law Section of the State Bar of California. He has also presented various educational programs for ALI-ABA, ALI CLE, Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors, California Continuing Education of the Bar, Renaissance American Management, Beard Group and Turnaround Management Association.
Mr. Davidson received his J.D., cum laude, from Harvard Law School and his B.A., cum laude, from Harvard College, where he was a member of Phi Beta Kappa. He is admitted to practice in California.
- 10100 Santa Monica Boulevard, 13th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90067-4003
- Harvard University, J.D., graduated 1976
- Harvard University, graduated 1973
- Harvard University, B.A., graduated 1973
- California, 1977
- American Bankruptcy Institute Uniform Commercial Code Committee - Member
- American Bar Association Business Law Section Business Bankruptcy Committee - Member
- Los Angeles County Bar Association Commercial Law & Bankruptcy Section Executive Committee - Chair
- State Bar of California Business Law Section Executive Committee - Treasurer
- State Bar of California Business Law Section Uniform Commercial Code Committee - Chair
- American College of Bankruptcy - Chair of American College of Bankruptcy Ninth Circuit Educational Programs Committee
- Litigation - Bankruptcy, Los Angeles (2024)
- Litigation - Bankruptcy, Los Angeles (2015)
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Los Angeles (2014)
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Litigation - Bankruptcy
Chambers USA: Ranked for Bankruptcy / Restructuring
Super Lawyers: Listed in 2004-2020 editions for Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights
- Litigation - Bankruptcy
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.