Recognized since 2015
Mr. Gardner is a Member in the Jennings Strouss Business Litigation practice and is the Firm's Managing Attorney. He is a trusted advisor to both entrepreneurs and businesses of all sizes. In that capacity, he routinely counsels clients on ways to mitigate risk, achieve business objectives, develop and implement employment policies, and build, secure, and protect intellectual property.
Mr. Gardner focuses his litigation practice on securities litigation and arbitration, class action defense, employment, intellectual property, and real estate matters. He has extensive experience representing businesses and individuals in high stakes and complex disputes, as well as financial service industry investigations and enforcement actions brought by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, the Arizona Corporation Commission Securities Division, and numerous other federal and state regulatory agencies throughout the United States. Mr. Gardner has an in-depth knowledge of the laws, rules, and regulations applicable to broker-dealers, registered investment advisers, banks, registered representatives, and investment adviser representatives. With regard to class actions, Mr. Gardner has defended public and private companies, as well as officers and directors, in securities fraud, employment and ERISA, privacy, antitrust, statutory, and breach of contract class actions. He previously served as national Chair of the American Bar Association’s Trial Practice Committee and Class Action and Derivative Suit Committee. Mr. Gardner currently serves on the Board of Directors of the Phoenix Theatre Company, is an Ambassador of the Translational Genomics Research Institute (T-Gen), and serves on the Arizona Chamber of Commerce and Industry’s Economic Development and Real Estate Committee.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://jsslaw.com/professionals/gardner-jeffrey-d/
- One East Washington Street, Suite 1900
Phoenix, AZ 85004-2554
- Illinois Institute of Technology , J.D., graduated 2002
- Arizona, 2002
- Texas, 2004
- American Bar Association - Former Co-Chair, Class Actions & Derivative Suits Committee (2012 - 2015)
- American Bar Association - Former Co-Chair, Trial Practice Committee, Section of Litigation (2015 - 2019)
- American Bar Foundation - Member, The Fellows of the American Bar Foundation (2014 - present)
- Arizona Chamber of Commerce & Industry - Member, Economic Development and Real Estate Committee (2019 - present)
- Maricopa County Bar Association (MCBA) - Member
- State Bar of Arizona - Former Chair, Securities Regulation Law Section
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas (2005)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit (2004)
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona (2002)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Commercial Litigation
- Securities Regulation
- AV PreeminentTM Peer Review Rated
- Listed, Top Lawyers, Securities Litigation, AZ Business Magazine (2013)
- Listed, Southwest Super Lawyers (2018 – 2020) in the categories of Securities Litigation and Class Action/Mass Torts
- Listed, Rising Stars, Southwest Super Lawyers (2012 – 2016) in the categories of Securities Litigation, Class Action/ Mass Torts
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.