Jeffrey Allan Hirsch
Recognized in:Commercial Litigation
Law School:Levin College of Law - University of Florida
Location:401 East Las Olas Boulevard, Suite 2000Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
- Levin College of Law - University of Florida, J.D., graduated 1975
- University of Florida, BS, graduated 1972
- Florida, The Florida Bar
- American Arbitration Associatiojn - Neutral
- American Bar Association - Member
- Leadership Broward Alumni Inc. - Former President
- Leadership Broward Foundation, Inc. - Founder and Former Legal Counsel
- Leadership Florida - Former Board Member
- Stephen R. Booher American Inn of Court - Master Bencher, Former President (2007-2008)
- The Florida Bar - Executive Council, Business Law Section
- University of Florida College of Law - Board of Trustees (Emeritus), Law Center Association
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in:
- Commercial Litigation
- Listed in Who's Who in Law, South Florida Business Journal; Who's Who in Emerging Leaders in America, Marquis Who's Who; Who's Who in America, Marquis Who's Who; Who's Who in American Law, Marquis Who's Who; Who's Who in the South and Southwest, Marquis W
- Ranked AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5* - *AV® Peer Review Rated (CV, BV and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.)
- Listed, Best Lawyers In America 2010-2015
Areas of Expertise:
381 Huaihai Zhong Road
86 21 6391 6633
Potsdamer Platz 1
49 30 700 171 100
One Azrieli Center, Round Tower, 30th floor
132 Menachem Begin
Tel Aviv 67021
972 3 636 6000
14F, Meiji Yasuda Seimei Building
81 3 4510 2200
Paseo de la Reforma No. 265 PH1
México, D.F. 06500
52 55 5029 0000
P.O. Box 75306
Amsterdam 1070 AH
31 20 301 7300
Stock Exchange Building
ul. Książęca 4
48 22 690 6100
Seoul Finance Center, 23F
84 Taepyeongno 1-ga
Seoul, Jung-gu 100-768
82 (0) 2 369 1000
The Shard, Level 8
32 London Bridge Street
London SE1 9SG
44 203 349 8700
2375 East Camelback Road, Suite 700
Phoenix, AZ 85016
1900 University Avenue, Fifth Floor
East Palo Alto, CA 94303
3161 Michelson Drive, Suite 1000
Irvine, CA 92612-4410
1840 Century Park East, Suite 1900
Los Angeles, CA 90067
1201 K Street, Suite 1100
Sacramento, CA 95814
Four Embarcadero Center, Suite 3000
San Francisco, CA 94111-5983
The Tabor Center, Suite 2400
1200 Seventeenth Street
Denver, CO 80202
The Nemours Building, Suite 1200
1007 North Orange Street
Wilmington, DE 19801
District of Columbia
District of Columbia
2101 L Street, NW, Suite 1000
Washington, DC 20037
5100 Town Center Circle, Suite 400
Boca Raton, FL 33486
401 East Las Olas Boulevard, Suite 2000
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
333 Southeast Second Avenue, Suite 4400
Miami, FL 33131
450 South Orange Avenue, Suite 650
Orlando, FL 32801
101 East College Avenue
Tallahassee, FL 32301
101 East Kennedy Boulevard, Suite 1900
Tampa, FL 33602
777 South Flagler Drive, Suite 300 East
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
Terminus 200, Suite 2500
3333 Piedmont Road, NE
Atlanta, GA 30305
One International Place, Suite 2000
Boston, MA 02110
3773 Howard Hughes Parkway, Suite 400 North
Las Vegas, NV 89169
500 Campus Drive, Suite 400
Florham Park, NJ 07932-0677
54 State Street, Sixth Floor
Albany, NY 12207
445 Hamilton Avenue
White Plains, NY 10601
Two Commerce Square, Suite 2700
2001 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
300 West Sixth Street, Suite 2050
Austin, TX 78701
2200 Ross Avenue, Suite 5200
Dallas, TX 75201
1000 Louisiana Street, Suite 1700
Houston, TX 77002
1750 Tysons Boulevard, Suite 1000
McLean, VA 22102
Attorney Case History
Kinney System, Inc. v. The Continental Insurance Company, 674 So.2d 86 (Fla. 1996).
Chicago Title Insurance Company v. CV REIT, 588 So.2d 1075 (4th DCA 1991).
(Client name not published for confidentiality purposes)
(Clients name not published for confidentiality purposes)
Areas of Concentration
- Commercial litigation and arbitration
- Contract disputes
- Insurance coverage litigation
- Business torts
- Financial institution related disputes
- Real property litigation
- Probate and fiduciary litigation
- Alternate Dispute Resolution
Other Court Admissions
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Defense by jury verdict of individual doctors and their medical laboratory against who claims of breach of fiduciary duty were brought for millions of dollars in claimed compensatory and punitive damages.
- Kinney System, Inc. v. The Continental Insurance Company, 674 So.2d 86 (Fla. 1996). Trial Counsel (Kinney System, Inc.). Established the adoption of federal principles governing dismissal on grounds of forum non conveniens and caused adoption of Rule 1.061, Florida Rules of Civil Procedure.
- Chicago Title Insurance Company v. CV REIT, 588 So.2d 1075 (4th DCA 1991). Trial Counsel (Chicago Title). Defense of a title insurance company in an action seeking millions of dollars and alleging the company failed in its duty to defend its insured.
- Home Savings of America v. Roehner, 491 So.2d 612 (4th DCA 1986). Trial Counsel (Home Savings of America). Interpretation of settlement agreement.
- Moore v. Palm Coast Community Service Corp., 701 So.2d 115 (5th DCA 1997). Trial Counsel (ITT Community Development Corporation). Defense of class action concerning maintenance of a community surface water management system.
- McEvily v. Sunbeam-Oster Company, 878 F.Supp. 337 (D.R.I. 1994). Trial Counsel (Sunbeam Corporation). Change of venue motion (28 U.S.C.A. § 1404(a)) in an action alleging a breach of stock option agreement and misrepresentation. Case settled after transfer.
- Defense of an insurance company in a $125 million lawsuit alleging defamation and wrongful termination of an agency agreement, and prosecution of fraud and breach of fiduciary duty claims.
- Defense of an estate and associated trusts valued in excess of $160 million involving claims of undue influence, lack of testamentary capacity, insane delusion, invasion of privacy, intentional infliction of emotional distress, and defamation.
- Defense of an engineering company in a multimillion-dollar professional liability claim.
- Defense of an engineering company in a multimillion-dollar personal injury claim involving a claim in excess of available insurance coverage.
- Defense of several developers in multimillion-dollar claims involving alleged construction defects in condominiums constructed by the developers.
- Defense of a fast food franchisor in a products liability claim resulting from an explosion of a pressurized chicken cooker and related litigation with franchisee.
- Defense of a large land developer in major class actions involving covenants and restrictions and an alleged violation of a refund provision in a purchase contract involving thousands of contract purchasers.
- Prosecution of fraud and defalcation actions for a title company involving the issuance of bogus policies of insurance by an agent.
- Defense of major lender liability matters alleging bad faith, breach of fiduciary duty, negligence and breach of contract.
- Defense of claims made against financial institutions arising out of bank operations, check clearing, and customer relations.
- Defense of alleged violations of state and federal consumer credit laws and laws with respect to money laundering.
- Represented financial institutions in matters regarding defalcations by employees and third-party fraud.