Jeffrey A. "Jeff" Kobulnick
Recognized since 2018
Litigation - Intellectual Property
Jeff regularly litigates claims for copyright and trademark infringement, unfair competition, false advertising and related claims under both federal and state laws. He also has significant experience handling Internet-related intellectual property issues, such as domain name registration and dispute resolution, and the protection and enforcement of copyrights and trademarks on the Internet. In addition, Jeff extensively counsels and represents clients on the selection, clearance and registration of trademarks and service marks worldwide.
Jeff advises and represents clients across a wide range of industries in their intellectual property matters to develop, protect and enforce such rights around the world. He has also guest lectured on intellectual property issues at law schools including the USC Gould School of Law and Southwestern University School of Law in Los Angeles. Prior to joining BG Law, he spent more than eight years as an intellectual property and litigation attorney with national law firms, most recently Foley & Lardner LLP.
In addition, Jeff is an active leader within the International Trademark Association (INTA). He is a past National Chair of the Saul Lefkowitz Moot Court Competition Committee and served as a Project Team Leader for INTA’s Pro Bono Committee. Jeff also regularly serves as a judge for both the Saul Lefkowitz and other moot court competitions relating to trademark and copyright law issues.
Jeff is also well known for his commitments to pro bono and community involvement. He serves as a coordinator for Bet Tzedek Legal Services’ Holocaust Survivors Justice Network, assisting Holocaust survivors and their widows/widowers obtain reparation pension benefits for work performed while residing in German-controlled ghettos. In 2009, he was awarded Bet Tzedek’s Elyse S. Kline Pro Bono Lawyer of the Year Award. He has also received the Wiley W. Manuel Award from the State of California several times for distinguished pro bono legal services. Jeff has also coordinated attorney participation in Lawyers for Literacy, an annual event that benefits Everybody Wins! Los Angeles, a nonprofit literacy program helping children improve their reading skills and self-esteem. He was awarded the Lynford Lardner Community Service Award in 2006.
Jeff has also been actively involved with a number of charitable organizations, most notably the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) since 2004. Jeff founded and has twice served as a captain of LLS Light The Night Walk teams, to raise funds and awareness for LLS and has been recognized for his outstanding fundraising efforts in the fight against cancer. In 2013, Jeff was an honored candidate for LLS’s 2013 Man of the Year campaign, which raised over $575,000 in just ten short weeks for LLS.
He has earned the highest rating (“AV Preeminent”) for legal ability and ethics by Martindale-Hubbell, has been named a Southern California Super Lawyer by Thomson Reuters every year since 2014, and was named to Southern California Super Lawyer Magazine’s exclusive “Top 100” list for 2017.
Contact & Links
- 16633 Ventura Boulevard, 11th Floor
Encino, CA 91436
- University of California - San Diego, B.S., graduated 1998
- California, Beverly Hills Bar Association
- California, State Bar of California
- California, Los Angeles County Bar Association (Intellectual Property and Litigation Sections)
- United States, American Bar Association (Intellectual Property and Litigation Sections)
- Bet Tzedek Legal Services, Los Angeles - Summer law clerk (2002)
- International Trademark Association - Member
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Greater Los Angeles Chapter - Executive Committee member
- Los Angeles Intellectual Property Inn of Court - Past Member
- United States District Court, Central District of California - Judicial extern to the Honorable Dean D. Pregerson (2002)
- U.S. District Courts for the Central, Northern and Southern Districts of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
8 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
1 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America award
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Trademark Law, Los Angeles (2020)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Litigation - Intellectual Property
- Trademark Law
- Entertainment Law
- Named a “Super Lawyer” by Southern California Super Lawyer Magazine (2014-2017), placing him in the top 5% of attorneys in the region.
- Named to the “Top 100: 2017 Southern California Super Lawyers” list by Southern California Super Lawyer Magazine
- Named a “Rising Star” by Southern California Super Lawyer Magazine (2013), placing him in the top 2.5% of under – 40 attorneys in the region.
Additional Areas of Practice:
- Copyright Law
- Entertainment Law - Motion Pictures and Television
- Entertainment Law - Music
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.