Jeffrey A. "Jeff" Black
Black, Lyle & Habberfield, LLP
Recognized since 2021
Olean, New York
Litigation - Insurance
Medical Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs
Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
Jeff joined this firm in 1993 and became a partner in 1994. He is a lifelong resident of the Olean area and an Olean High School Graduate. Mr. Black obtained his Bachelor of Science Degree from St. Bonaventure University in 1990 and graduated cum laude from The Dickinson School of Law (Penn State) in 1993. While in law school he was a member of the Dickinson Law Review and his case note was published. He was also a member of the Woolsack Honor Society. Upon graduation from law school, Mr. Black was admitted to practice law in both Pennsylvania and New York. He is also admitted to practice law in the Western District of Pennsylvania and in the Western and Southern Districts of New York.
Mr. Black is a member of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association, Pennsylvania Bar Association, and Pennsylvania Association for Justice, Allegany County Bar Association, New York State Bar Association as well as current member and past President of the Cattaraugus County Bar Association. He is also a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum which recognizes attorneys who have achieved verdicts or settlements in excess of One Million Dollars. Mr. Black has acted as chairman or spoken at numerous Continuing Legal Education Programs for the New York State Bar Association and lectures annually at St. Bonaventure University on Legal Ethics. In 2015 Mr. Black was selected as a Super Lawyer in Upstate New York in the personal injury field.
Mr. Black and his wife Mary Jo reside in Allegany with their three children. Mr. Black is a second-term member of the Allegany-Limestone School Board of Education. He was also elected to the Directions in Independent Living Board in 2016. He is a former member of the Board of Directors of the Olean Rotary Club and a Paul Harris Fellow, as well as a former Board member of the Cattaraugus County Arts Council and Cattaraugus County United Way and assisted with several of the YMCA fund raising efforts. He and his family are parish members and actively involved with St. Bonaventure Roman Catholic Church. Mr. Black exclusively handles personal injury, medical malpractice, premises liability, products liability, general litigation and insurance matters in Pennsylvania and New York and has extensive trial and appellate experience.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lawyer Page: https://www.blhfirm.com/attorney/black-jeffrey-a-esq/
- 129 North Union Street, Second Floor
Olean, NY 14760
- Penn State Dickinson School of Law, JD, graduated 1993
- St. Bonaventure University, BS Science, graduated 1990
- New York, 1994
- Pennsylvania, 1993
- Allegany County Bar Association - Member
- American Association for Justice - Member
- American Bar Association - Member
- Cattaraugus County Bar Association - Past President/Member
- New York State Bar Association - Member
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association - Member
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice - Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association - Member
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
3 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
- Litigation - Insurance
- Medical Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
Upstate New York Super Lawyers list
Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Member
Paul Harris Fellow
Delta Theta Phi
- Construction Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.