Jean M. Fraser
Recognized in:Corporate LawMergers & Acquisitions Law
Law School:University of Toronto
Location:100 King Street West1 First Canadian PlaceSuite 6200, P.O. Box 50Toronto, ON M5X 1B8
- University of Toronto, J.D.,
- University of Toronto, B. Sc.,
- Ontario, The Law Society of Upper Canada
- Canadian Bar Association - Member
- Law Society of Upper Canada - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada for work in:
- Corporate Law
- Mergers & Acquisitions Law
- Expert Guides : Mergers and Acquisitions
- Expert Guides: Women in Business Law : Mergers and Acquisitions
- The International Who's Who of Corporate Governance Lawyers
- Who’s Who Legal : Capital Markets (Debt and Equity); Corporate Governance
- Lexpert Zenith Award Recipient: Given to leading Canadian women business lawyers
- Lexpert Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-border Corporate Lawyers in Canada: Corporate Finance & Securities; Mergers & Acquisitions
- The Lexpert/American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada : Corporate Commercial Law; Corporate Finance & Securities; Mergers & Acquisitions
- Lexpert Special Edition: Canada’s Leading Corporate Lawyers
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory : Corporate Commercial; Corporate Finance & Securities; Mergers & Acquisitions (Most Frequently Recommended)
- Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Business Lawyers : Corporate/M&A
- Special counsel to the Board of Nortel with its creditor protection proceedings.
- Magna Entertainment Corp. in its creditor protection proceedings.
- Independent committee of the Board of Four Seasons Hotels in its going private transaction.
- Magna International Inc. on the investment by Russian Machines.
- Magna International Inc. on its going-private transactions of its three public company subsidiaries.
- Cara Operations Limited in its going-private transaction.
- Chemtrade Income Trust in several acquisitions and the related financings by way of public offerings of equity and convertible debt.
- The underwriters for Four Seasons Hotels in a number of cross-border offerings of debt and convertible debt.
- Revenue bond financings from capital markets platforms established by the PEI Confederation Bridge, Teranet Land Information Services Inc. and Blue Water Bridge Authority.
- The Government of Canada in connection with the privatization of Canadian National Railways.
TransCanada Tower, Suite 2500
450 First Street, SW
Calgary, AB T2P 5H1
1055 West Hastings Street, Suite 1700
Vancouver, BC V6E 2E9
340 Albert Street, Suite 1900
Ottawa, ON K1R 7Y6
1000, rue De La Gauchetière Ouest
Montréal, QC H3B 4W5
620 Eighth Avenue, 36th Floor
New York, NY 10018