Recognized since 2007
Public Finance Law
Jéan E. Wilson is Chair of the firm's Orlando and Atlanta Public Finance Practices. Jéan has broad experience as bond counsel, disclosure counsel, underwriters' counsel, bank counsel, trustee's counsel, borrower's counsel and purchasers' counsel in various types of tax-exempt and taxable financings, including housing, transportation, public utilities, general obligation, sales tax, revenue and tourist development tax issues, as well as tax increment, industrial development and downtown redevelopment financings.
Contact & Links
- 450 South Orange Avenue, Suite 650
Orlando, FL 32801
- DePaul University, graduated 1980
- University of Florida, graduated 1982
- Florida, The Florida Bar
- Florida A&M University School of Law, Board of Visitors - Board Member
- Valencia Community College Foundation - Board Member
- YMCA Black Achievers Program, Board of Directors - Board Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Public Finance Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Insurance Coverage
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Product Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5
- Orlando Magazine, "One of the Six Most Respected and Admired Lawyers in Orlando," December 1997
- Florida Trend magazine, "Legal Elite," Public Finance Law, 2009
- Orlando magazine, "The Best Lawyers in Orlando," 2010
- Super Lawyers magazine, Florida Super Lawyers, 2006-2013
- Chambers USA Guide, 2007-2013
- Served as bond counsel, disclosure counsel or issuer's counsel on bond issues for various entities, including: City of Atlanta, City of Jacksonville, City of Orlando, Town of Braselton, City of Deltona, City of Sebastian, City of Winter Park, Miami-Dade County, Orange County, Broward County, Orlando Utilities Commission, Orlando-Orange County Expressway Authority, Greater Orlando Aviation Authority, Orange County Industrial Development Authority, Florida Housing Finance Corporation, Jacksonville Housing Finance Authority, Housing Finance Authority of Broward County, Orange County Housing Finance Authority, Arcadia Housing Authority, Orlando Housing Authority and the Tampa Housing Authority.
- Acted as lead bond and disclosure counsel in connection with a $1.2 billion commercial paper note program for the City of Atlanta.
- Acted as lead disclosure counsel in connection with a $1 billion transaction for the Orlando-Orange County Expressway Authority.
- Represented the purchasers of the $9.48 million City of Atlanta, Georgia Tax Allocation Bonds (Eastside Project), Series 2005A (AMT) and $38 million City of Atlanta, Georgia Tax Allocation Bonds (Eastside Project), Series 2005B (NON-AMT).
- Represented the purchasers of the $21 million City of Atlanta, Georgia Tax Allocation Bonds (Princeton Lakes Project), Series 2006.
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.