Jay Milano is considered one of the best criminal defense, medical malpractice and personal injury lawyers in Cleveland, Ohio. He first spoke in court during a murder trial and has practiced at that level of intensity for over 30 years.
His clients have included Calvin “Snoop Dogg” Broadus, Hell’s Angels, sports figures, doctors, judges, and lawyers, executives, as well as an uncountable number of people who just needed help. He is nationally known as a defender of those falsely accused of sexual assault on children, having successfully defended the comedian Roseanne’s father when she accused him of abuse.
He led the team that freed Jenny Wilcox, who had been incarcerated for 11 years for sex crimes she did not commit. Mr. Milano led the exposure of corruption within the Catholic Church and the profound harm it caused the victims of abuse. He was featured on the Emmy winning “60 Minutes” investigative report, “The Church on Trial”.
As his practice progressed, Mr. Milano became more involved in civil cases, often complex and often involving law and science. The concepts and disciplines involved in fighting for your client remain concrete, regardless of whether a trial is called civil or criminal. His practice now includes significant malpractice and personal injury cases, many with Judgments exceeding $1,000,000.00
He regularly represents professionals; doctors, lawyers, and judges on issues of professional conduct, in their practice and before their Boards
Jay Milano has also consulted and has been qualified as an expert in the ethics and standards of lawyers. He often represents professionals, doctors, lawyers, and judges on issues of professional conduct.
He has taught Trial Tactics at Cases Western Reserve School of Law for 20 years. He now also teaches Media Law and Ethics at The Ohio State University. Mr. Milano teaches practicing attorneys several times a year.
Current Elected Office
- Rocky River Board of Education
Current Faculty Positions
- Professor, Case Western Reserve University College of Law – Adjunct Faculty, “Trial Tactics”
- Lecturer, The Ohio State University, Media Law and Ethics
Previous Faculty Positions
- Professor, Case Western Reserve University College of Law – Adjunct Faculty, “Lawyering Process”
- Professor, Capitol University College of Law – “Schweikert Chair” On Criminal Justice
- President, Cuyahoga County Bar Association
- Founding President, Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- President, Cuyahoga Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Council of Delegates, Ohio State Bar Association
- Chair, Criminal Law Committee: Cleveland Bar Association, Cuyahoga County Bar Association
- Past Chair, Certified Grievance Committee, Cuyahoga Metropolitan Base Association
- Member, Mensa