Jay Ross is Co-chair of Hopkins & Carley’s Litigation Department. He handles contract, fulfillment, and payment disputes as well as real estate disputes, including construction, purchase and sale transactions, commercial landlord-tenant disputes, easements, and land use.
A wide variety of businesses associated with the real estate industry rely on Jay to apply his years of business litigation experience and practical approach to solve their problems. These include:
- Commercial general contractors and construction managers
- Community banksHigh net worth individuals
- Commercial real estate brokerage firms
Jay has extensive experience litigating in State and Federal courts, regularly handling cases in courts throughout the Bay Area. In addition to his trial and binding arbitration experience, Jay has mediated numerous cases to successful resolution for his clients.
In addition, Jay represents businesses in creditor-side bankruptcy engagements, which frequently involve courts outside of California. His experience in this area includes:
- Preparation and defense of Proofs of Claim
- Negotiation and litigation of Plans of Reorganization, including Disclosure Statement and Plan Confirmation issues
- Preference claim analysis and defense
- Investigation of debtor assets, including Rule 2004 examinations
- Negotiation of the purchase of assets from Bankruptcy estates outside of a Plan of Reorganization
- Analysis and litigation of relief from the automatic stay
- Preparation and litigation of objections to Chapter 13 Plans