Jay A. Lefton
Recognized since 2010
Biotechnology and Life Sciences Practice
Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law
Mergers and Acquisitions Law
Jay Lefton practices corporate and securities law. Jay advises clients on public and private mergers & acquisitions transactions, private equity matters and public and private financings, as well as assisting with strategic alliances, technology transfer and licensing. He works predominantly in the technology and life sciences sector.
Assisting acquirers and target companies and their boards of directors, Jay advises on negotiated transactions and unsolicited takeover bids, most of which are multi-jurisdictional.
Jay also represents issuers, both public and private, as well as advisers, venture capitalists, institutional investors and private equity funds. Working with universities, hospitals, research institutions and researchers, Jay advises at various stages in the commercialization of their discoveries.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Direct Phone Number: 416-865-5454
- Lawyer Page: https://www.fasken.com/jay-lefton
- 333 Bay Street, Suite 2400
Bay Adelaide Centre
P.O. Box 20
Toronto, ON M5H 2T6
- Ontario, The Law Society of Upper Canada
- American Bar Association - Member
- Canada Bar Association - Member
- Canadian Friends of Hebrew University - Director
- Canadian Friends of the Tel Aviv Foundation - Director
- International Bar Association - Member
- Ontario Genomics Institute - Director
- Princess Margaret Hospital, Cell Therapy Program - Chair
- University of Ontario Institute of Technology - Director
279 The Best Lawyers in Canada™ awards
58 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in Canada™ awards
- Biotechnology and Life Sciences Practice
- Corporate Law
- Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Securities Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.