Jason W. Hanson
Recognized in:Labour and Employment Law
Location:100 King Street West1 First Canadian PlaceSuite 6200, P.O. Box 50Toronto, ON M5X 1B8
- Ontario, The Law Society of Upper Canada
- American Bar Association, Alternative Dispute Resolution in Labor and Employment Law Committee - Member
- Canadian Bar Association, National Labour Law Section - Member
- Law Society of Upper Canada - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada for work in:
- Labour and Employment Law
- Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Business Lawyers : Employment & Labour
- Labour relations strategy for major business restructurings.
- Workplace change strategy in broader public sector employer leading to material decline in workplace disputes. Executive retention and restructuring for national and international businesses.
- Strategies for multinational employers to achieve compliance with international export control laws and domestic discrimination laws.
- Proactive strategies and policies in financial services, manufacturing, logistics, retail and broader public sector.
Reported cases include:
- Toronto Hydro v. CUPE Local One . Successfully presented leading case dealing with Labour Board discretion to dismiss unfair labour practice complaints on a preliminary, discretionary basis.
- Toronto Hydro v. CUPE Local One . Successfully presented leading case dealing with organizational change across multilocation operations.
- Toronto (City) v. CUPE Local 79  3 S.C.R. 77 (Supreme Court of Canada). Successfully presented this leading case before Canada’s highest court requiring labour arbitrators to follow the findings of the criminal courts.
- General Electric Canada v. Professional & Technical Engineers,  O.L.A.A. No. 516. Successfully presented this leading case preserving management’s flexibility in assigning software design tasks despite union objections.
- General Motors of Canada Ltd. and CAWCanada, Local 199 (2001), 93 L.A.C. (4th) 329. Successfully presented this leading case preserving management’s right to determine location of business activities.
TransCanada Tower, Suite 2500
450 First Street, SW
Calgary, AB T2P 5H1
1055 West Hastings Street, Suite 1700
Vancouver, BC V6E 2E9
340 Albert Street, Suite 1900
Ottawa, ON K1R 7Y6
1000, rue De La Gauchetière Ouest
Montréal, QC H3B 4W5
620 Eighth Avenue, 36th Floor
New York, NY 10018