Jason S. Weiss is an associate at Wapner, Newman, Wigrizer, Brecher & Miller, P.C in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. His practice focuses on representing victims who are injured due to medical malpractice, motor vehicle accidents, defective products, and premises liability.
Since joining the firm, Mr. Weiss has been honored to serve as the associate for Partner Steven G. Wigrizer. Respected by his clients and peers alike, Mr. Wigrizer has been a past president of the Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association, chair of the Philadelphia Bar Association Fees Dispute Committee, and the examiner for the Pennsylvania Disciplinary Board, as well as routinely being named a top 100 trial lawyer in the country and being rated by Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review as excellent for his ethical standards and legal ability. Working closely with such an esteemed colleague has permitted Mr. Weiss to contribute to tremendous results on a range of cases including:
- $45 million judgment in the Tacony “Dungeon Case”
- $6.5 million in a premises liability action against a university
- $4 million in a wrongful death and survival action for failure to diagnose renal cell carcinoma
- $3.1 million in a medical malpractice case for failing to properly insert a spinal cord stimulator
- $1.6 million in a methadone overdose case settled during trial
- $850,000 for a wrongful death and survival action in a tow truck accident
- $825,000 settlement for a child in a Federal Flammable Fabrics Act case.
Mr. Weiss is currently assisting Mr. Wigrizer with taking a leading role with the wrongful death case arising from the Market Street building collapse.
In 2016, Mr. Weiss was selected as a Super Lawyer: Rising Star, distinguished in Medical Malpractice as a Plaintiff’s attorney.
Mr. Weiss is a 2007 graduate of The George Washington University, where he earned a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science. In 2010, Mr. Weiss was awarded a Juris Doctor degree from the Rutgers School of Law – Camden, where he was a member of the Rutgers Law Journal.
While in law school, Mr. Weiss served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Joel H. Slomsky of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. Prior to joining Wapner Newman in November 2011, he served as a law clerk to the Honorable Michele M. Fox of the Superior Court of New Jersey.
Mr. Weiss is admitted to practice law in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the State of New Jersey. Contact our experienced personal injury lawyer in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Jason Weiss for a free consultation if you are in Philadelphia, Allentown or surrounding areas.