Recognized since 2021
Jason McCarter is a skilled business litigator who represents automotive, technology, and other business enterprises in complex commercial disputes and regulatory investigations. Jason is often called upon to counsel and advocate for clients facing contract, business tort, secured lending, creditors' rights and licensing issues.
Jason practices in state and federal courts and alternative dispute resolution forums around the country. For example, he recently prevented class certification in an automotive false advertising case seeking $1 billion in damages, won summary judgment and appeal in a nine-figure network antitrust and contract dispute for a national cable provider, prevailed at trial in the arbitration of a multimillion dollar real estate purchase option for a craft brewer, and obtained an eight-figure judgment, along with recovery of all stolen intellectual property, in a web-based trade secrets dispute.
Jason is a frequent speaker and writer on financial and automotive risk and regulatory issues.
Contact & Links
- Regions Plaza, Suite 2100
1180 West Peachtree Street, NW
Atlanta, GA 30309-3407
- University of Virginia , J.D. , graduated 1999
- The University of Tennessee, B.A., graduated 1996
- Georgia, Georgia Bar
- North Carolina, North Carolina Bar
- Georgia State Courts
- North Carolina State Courts
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Commercial Litigation
- Named a Commercial Litigation Leader by The Best Lawyers in America (2021)
- Recognized by Georgia Super Lawyers® (2015-2016)
- Recognized by Georgia Super Lawyers® as a “Rising Star” (2011-2014)
- Recipient, James A. Treanor III Pro Bono Service Award
What other interests do you have?
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.