Recognized since 2007
- Mr. Murray practices in the area of franchise and distribution law and provides counsel and assistance with creating, managing, licensing, protecting and enforcing franchised business relationships, product distribution systems and dealership networks. His franchise and distribution law practice specifically relates to licensing and development, regulation and compliance, and dispute resolution through mediation, arbitration and litigation. Mr. Murray’s litigation experience consists of general commercial litigation in state and federal courts, including franchise and distribution law, intellectual property, and real property matters.
- His extensive experience in the area of franchise, distributor, and dealership dispute resolution includes negotiation, mediation, arbitration and litigation in matters involving disputes over termination, covenants not to compete, trademark infringement, wrongful use and/or theft of intellectual property, breach of contract, and statutory violations. Often times the resolution of these disputes includes a demand for injunctive relief. Specifically, Mr. Murray represents franchisors in actions in both state and federal courts to enforce post-termination provisions of franchise agreements, to prevent disclosure of confidential information, and to stop the wrongful use of trademarks and intellectual property by terminated franchisees. Additionally, he represents sub-franchisors, master franchisees, area developers, and multi-unit franchisees seeking to prevent a franchisor from wrongfully terminating a franchise relationship. In representing manufacturers/distributors, Mr. Murray has litigated complex antitrust issues regarding the termination of distribution arrangements.
- Jason Murray provides full-service franchise legal compliance programs that include the structuring, registration and updating of franchise offering documents throughout the United States. He oversees the preparation of all the required federal and state-specific disclosure provisions and drafts all the contracts necessary to establish, protect and enforce franchised business relationships. Mr. Murray maintains the on-going disclosure, reporting and registration renewal needs of clients in strict compliance with all the federal and state laws that govern their franchise, distributor and dealer relationships.
- Additionally, his practice includes the representation of developers, mortgage lenders and title companies in litigation involving disputes over real property.
- Mr. Murray is a member of the American Arbitration Association Commercial Arbitrator Panel. Additionally, he serves as an arbitrator for Franchise Arbitration and Mediation Services, an arbitration and mediation referral service specializing in the resolution of disputes between franchisors and franchisees or otherwise involving franchising issues, using alternative dispute resolution techniques.
- Southeast Financial Center, Suite 3900
200 South Biscayne Boulevard
Miami, FL 33131
- Duke University, Bachelor of Arts, graduated 1988
- University of Virginia , Juris Doctor, graduated 1991
- District of Columbia, The District of Columbia Bar
- Florida, The Florida Bar
- United States Court of Appeals
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Franchise Law, Miami (2019)
- Franchise Law, Miami (2013)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Commercial Litigation
- Franchise Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.