Recognized since 2013
Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
Litigation - Bankruptcy
Mr. Watson is listed in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business and is listed in the Best Lawyers in America. He received his J.D., in 1996, from the Mercer University Walter F. George School of Law and his B.A., in political science, in 1993 from the University of Georgia. Prior to joining Alston & Bird, he served as a law clerk to the Honorable John T. Laney III, United States Bankruptcy Judge in the Middle District of Georgia. Mr. Watson is active in his community, including serving on the Atlanta Executive Leadership Council for the American Cancer Society.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.mmmlaw.com/people/jason-watson/
- Atlanta Financial Center, Suite 1600
3343 Peachtree Road, NE
Atlanta, GA 30326
- Mercer University , J.D., graduated 1996
- University of Georgia , BA, graduated 1993
- Georgia, State Bar of Georgia
- New York, New York State Bar Association
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Atlanta (2022)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Litigation - Bankruptcy
- Represented an agent for a bank group that owed in excess of $500 million in the bankruptcy of a resort company.
- Represents a special servicer that owed approximately $170 million in the bankruptcy of a hotel chain.
- Represented a special servicer that owed approximately $50 million in the bankruptcy of an apartment owner.
- Represented a lender owed approximately $80 million in connection with a single asset, real estate office building in New York.
- Represents a lender owed approximately $50 million in connection with a single asset real estate parcel in New York.
- Represented a major fast food franchisor in the acquisition of additional stores out of bankruptcy.
- Counsel to a wireless phone service provider in its acquisition of more than $1 billion in wireless spectrum from a debtor in the Southern District of New York.
- Co-counsel to an international textile manufacturer in its Chapter 11 bankruptcy case in the Northern District of Georgia.
- Counsel to two sporting good manufacturers in their Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases in the Northern District of Georgia.
- Counsel to an international chemical company in its Chapter 11 proceedings in the District of Delaware.
- Counsel to a medical device manufacturer in its successful out-of-court restructuring, including the coordination of insolvency proceedings for related foreign companies.
- National counsel to an international hotel franchisor, dealing with various issues, including dealing with troubled franchisees.
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.