Recognized since 2006
Labour and Employment Law
Janice Rubin is the co-founder and co-managing partner of Rubin Thomlinson LLP. With over 30 years of experience, she is a highly accomplished employment lawyer, one of the country’s foremost experts in workplace investigations, and a trusted advisor to senior human resource professionals.
Janice brings not only her skills in employment law, but also her experience in running a successful business. When working with clients, Janice keeps a constant eye on value while solving problems efficiently and practically. An astute judge and strategic thinker, Janice has a knack for cutting right through the complexity to see the essential kernel of the issue. Her approach is pragmatic, creative, and practical.
Janice and her colleagues work across the country, and have conducted various high profile investigations/reviews in workplaces such as the CBC, the Canadian Olympic Committee and the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador.
Janice is frequently called upon to conduct investigations and assessments/reviews, as well as to advise or consult on complex, high-stakes issues pertaining to complaints of workplace harassment and other misconduct.
Janice has been awarded Lexpert’s Zenith award, the National HR Awards’ Employment Lawyer of the Year award, and the Chambers and Partners award for Corporate Social Responsibility and Inclusion. She is listed in Canadian Who’s Who and Lexpert’s Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada.
She has co-authored two books, Human Resources Guide to Workplace Investigations along with Partner Christine Thomlinson, and the second edition of Law of Termination. A master communicator and public speaker, Janice is frequently requested by the media to comment on employment law issues. She teaches a variety of educational programs for both lawyers and human resource professionals and has taught courses on employment law at Osgoode Hall Law School.
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada™ 2023 for work in:
- Labour and Employment Law
- Workplace Investigations
- Received the Employment Lawyer of the Year Award as part of the 2015 National HR Awards
- Listed in the 2014 & 2015 Lexpert®/American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada
- Received the 2014 Lexpert® Zenith Award for Practice Excellence in Employment Law
- In 2012, Rubin Thomlinson was named one of the most successful businesses owned by Canadian women in Profit Magazine’s and Chatelaine’s W100 ranking of Canada’s Top Female Entrepreneurs.
- Listed in Canadian Who's Who
- Listed in Lexpert as a leading practitioner
- Received an AV Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- Rubin Thomlinson received an honourable mention on Canadian Lawyer magazine's list of Top 10 Labour and Employment Law Boutiques in Canada.
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.