Ms. Yoshimoto’s practice focuses on representing both lenders and borrowers in real estate and asset based secured transactions, and representing buyers and sellers in a variety of land transactions including financing, development and sales of residential subdivision, condominium and mixed-use projects, commercial ground and space leasing and real estate due diligence.
Speeches and Seminars
- Speaker, “Confidentiality Agreements”, Stand Alone Round Table Session, American College of Real Estate Lawyers 2016 Mid-Year Meeting (San Diego, California, March 19, 2016)
- Speaker, “Ground Lease Financing: Landlord and Lender Perspectives”, American College of Mortgage Attorneys 41st Annual Meeting (Bretton Woods, New Hampshire, September 19, 2014)
- Speaker, “Case and Client Management Basics for the Commercial Real Estate Lawyer”, Hawaii State Bar Association Continuing Legal Education (December 14, 2011)
- Speaker, Hawaii Real Estate Law Manual Vol. 3 seminar, Hawaii State Bar Association Convention (September 23, 2011)
- Speaker, “Maximizing a Lender’s Ability to Respond to a Commercial Mortgage Default,” presented to various commercial real estate loan officers of Hawaii financial institutions (Spring 2009)
- Speaker, “New Hawaii Condominium Statute,” presented to various commercial real estate lenders of Hawaii financial institutions (Summer 2006)
- Program Chair, “New Condominium Law in Hawaii” sponsored by Hawaii State Bar Association (May 31, 2006)
- Speaker, “Structuring the Commercial Loan In Hawaii” sponsored by National Business Institute (March 16, 2004)
- Speaker, “Commercial Real Estate Financing in Hawaii” sponsored by Lorman Education Services (February 19, 2003 and February 19, 2004)
- Speaker, “Overview of the U.S. Patriot Act” presented at the Hawaii Financial Regulatory Compliance Association membership meeting (March 5, 2002)
- Speaker, “Effective Legal Writing for Paralegals in Hawaii” sponsored by the Institute for Paralegal Education (April 4, 2000)
Articles & Publications
- Co-Editor, Hawaii Real Estate Law Manual (3rd edition; Vol I. pending publication 2018)
- Co-Author, “Recent Developments in the Law of Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems (Drones) and Applications for Mortgage Lenders”, The Abstract, American College of Mortgage Attorneys (Fall 2016)
- Co-Author, Hawaii Chapter of the “Commercial Lending Law: A State-by-State Guide,” American Bar Association Business Law Section, Commercial Finance Committee (2nd edition, 2015).
- Co-Author, “ABA Survey of Hawaii State Law of Guaranties,” American Bar Association’s 50 State Survey of Laws of Guaranties Task Force publication (Spring 2013).
- Author, “Mortgages and Other Security Instruments,” Hawaii Real Estate Law Manual, Vol. 3 (2nd Edition) (2011)
- Author, “Release of Mortgage and Other Release Forms,” Hawaii Conveyance Manual (5th Edition) (2010)
- Editor, Ka Nu Hou newsletter, Hawaii State Bar Association, Real Property and Financial Services Section (2005)
- Co-Author, “Don’t Be Caught By Surprise: Is Your Business a ‘Financial Institution’ Under the New Privacy Law?”, Pacific Business News, Vol. 39, No. 34, Business Law Supplement
- Co-Author, “The Influence of Perceived Source Reward Value on Attributions of Deception”, Communication Research Reports, No. 1, June 1993