Recognized since 1999
West Palm Beach, Florida
Jane Kreusler-Walsh is Board Certified as a specialist in appellate practice, the highest level of recognition by The Florida Bar of the competency and experience of attorneys in a specific area of law. She has an AV-Preeminent peer review rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest mark for competency and ethics. Florida Super Lawyers lists Ms. Kreusler-Walsh as among the Top 50 Women attorneys in Florida. Ms. Kreusler-Walsh is also listed as one of the top 13 appellate attorneys in Florida by Chambers USA 2017. Florida Trend inducted Ms. Kreusler-Walsh into the Legal Elite Hall of Fame. Best Lawyers in America has included Ms. Kreusler-Walsh 18 times in its list and named her Lawyer of the Year in Appellate Practice for West Palm Beach in 2018, 2015 and 2011.
Ms. Kreusler-Walsh’s practice focuses on civil appeals and litigation support. Ms. Kreusler-Walsh specializes in handling complicated appeals and has over 500 reported decisions. In practice for over three decades, Ms. Kreusler-Walsh has appeared numerous times in the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, the Florida Supreme Court and all Florida District Courts of Appeal.
Ms. Kreusler-Walsh is admitted to practice in all Florida state courts, the U.S. Supreme Court, the U.S. Courts of Appeals, Fourth and Eleventh Circuits, and the U.S. District Courts for the Middle and Southern Districts of Florida.
Ms. Kreusler-Walsh was a law clerk for the Fourth District Court of Appeal in West Palm Beach, Florida. She is a cum laude graduate of the University of Florida and received her law degree from Loyola University in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Flagler Center, Suite 503
501 South Flagler Drive
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
- University of Florida , B.A., graduated 1975
- University of Florida, graduated 1975
- Florida, Florida Bar, April 1979
- United States, Supreme Court of the United States, June 1982
- United States, United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, December 1982
- United States, United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, February 1986
- United States, United States District Court, Southern District of Florida, August 1979
- United States, United States District Court, Middle District of Florida , October 1995
- American Bar Foundation - Fellow
- American Inns of Court, Craig S. Bernard Chapter - Member
- Archdiocese of Palm Beach County - Diocesan Savings Fund Committee by appointment from the Bishop (1998-2003)
- Center for Children in Crisis - Board of Directors (1994-1998)
- Florida Supreme Court Committee On Standard Jury Instructions in Contract and Business Cases - Member (2010- 2015)
- Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County - President (1999-2001), Vice President (1997-1999), Secretary (1995-1997), Board of Trustees (2003- Present), Board of Directors (1994-2003)
- Litigation Counsel of America - Fellow
- Making Every Day Count - Founding Board Member, Vice President of Board of Directors (2011-Present)
- The American Academy of Appellate Lawyers - Fellow
- The American Law Insitute - Member
- The Florida Association of Women Lawyers - Member
- The Florida Bar, 15th Judicial Circuit Court Grievance Committee 15B - Chair (1987-1989), Member (1986-1986)
- The Florida Bar, Appellate Court Rules Committee - Vice Chair (1993-1994, 1998, 2000) Member (1983-2000)
- The Florida Bar, Appellate Practice & Advocacy Section - Member (1994-Present), Liason to Apellate Court Rules Committee (1995-1996)
- The Florida Bar, Appellate Practice Certification Committee - Chair (2001-2002), Vice Chair ( 2000-2001), Member (1999-2003)
- The Florida Bar, Civil Procedure Rules Committee - Vice Chair (2013-2014 and 2015- Present), Member (2012 - Present)
- The Florida Bar, Fourth District Court of Appeal Judicial Nominating Committee - Chair (1993-1994), Vice Chair (1990-1992), Member ( 1990-1994)
- The Florida Supreme Court Committee on Judicial Evaluations - Member (2006-2008)
- The Florida Supreme Court Committee on Standard Jury Instructions (Civil) - Member (1998-2004)
- The Guild of Catholic Lawyers, Palm Beach County Chapter - Board of Directors (2011- 2015)
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Palm Beach Area Chapter - Board of Trustees (August 2014- Present)
- The National Association of Women Lawyers - Member
- Florida - Intermediate Appellate Courts
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Appellate Practice, West Palm Beach (2018)
- Appellate Practice, West Palm Beach (2015)
- Appellate Practice, West Palm Beach (2011)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Appellate Practice
- Best Lawyers in America lists Ms. Kreusler-Walsh as a leading lawyer in Appellate Practice.
- In recognition of years of service, the Guild of Catholic Lawyers of the Diocese of Palm Beach awarded Ms. Kreusler-Walsh the 2014 Monsignor Jeremiah P. O’Mahoney Award.
- In 2012, the Chamber of Commerce of the Palm Beaches awarded the firm the ATHENA Award for a Business/Organization, which honors businesses that have achieved professional excellence and promoted the leadership of women.
- Chambers USA 2015 ranks Ms. Kreusler-Walsh as one of the top 13 appellate lawyers in Florida and states she is regarded as “‘a total pro,’ who commands ‘enormous respect, especially from the Fourth District Court of Appeal, where she is a go-to lawyer.'”
- Florida Super Lawyers names her as among the Top 100 Attorneys in Florida (2015, 2010-2013, 2008) and Top 50 Women attorneys in Florida (since 2006). Florida Super Lawyers featured her on the cover of its 2011 edition.
- Florida Trend Magazine inducted Ms. Kreusler-Walsh into the Legal Elite Hall of Fame in 2015.
- The Executive Women of the Palm Beaches awarded her the 2013 Women in Leadership Award for the Private Sector.
- Chambers USA 2017 ranks Ms. Kreusler-Walsh as among the top 13 appellate lawyers in Florida and describes her as "'one of the premier lawyers' at the Bar."
- The 2018, 2015 and 2011 editions of Best Lawyers in America ranked Ms. Kreusler-Walsh as the Lawyer of the Year in Appellate Practice in West Palm Beach.
- She is one of only 14 Florida fellows in the American Academy of Appellate Lawyers, a national, invitation-only organization founded to advance the highest standards and practices of appellate advocacy and to recognize outstanding appellate attorneys.
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.