Recognized since 2014
Litigation - Construction
Mr. Sokol is a frequent speaker at the Western States Surety Conference in Seattle and at the Pearlman in Woodinville addressing wide ranging topics in the construction and surety industry.
Oregon Super Lawyers Magazine listed Jan as one of the top lawyers in the state for the last eight consecutive years: 2006 to 2013.
Mr. Sokol is also a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America. The LCA is a trial lawyer honorary society composed of less than one-half of one percent of American lawyers. Fellowship in the LCA is highly selective and by invitation only. Fellows are selected based upon effectiveness and accomplishment in litigation, both at the trial and appellate levels, and superior ethical reputation. The LCA is aggressively diverse in its composition. Established as a trial and appellate lawyer honorary society reflecting the American bar in the twenty-first century, the LCA represents the best in law among its membership.
Mr. Sokol is also a member of the Board of Directors of the Portland ToolBank which is an affiliate of ToolBank USA, a national nonprofit organization charged with the mission to replicate and support ToolBanks across the United States. A ToolBank is a local nonprofit organization that stewards a vast inventory of actual tools for use by other charities to advance their mission. Available inventory includes cordless drills, ladders, rakes and shovels, circular saws and paint trays, and MUCH more. Through quick and reliable access to large quantities of high-quality tools, each ToolBank transforms volunteerism in its area. ToolBank tools are not available for use by individuals; the ToolBank is a resource for the charitable sector.
- Lawyer Page: https://sokol-larkin.com/#attorneys
- 4380 South Macadam Avenue, Suite 530
Portland, OR 97239
- Lewis & Clark College, J.D., graduated 1978
- American Bar Association - Member
- District of Columbia Bar Association - Member
- Idaho State Bar Association - Member
- Oregon State Bar Association - Member
- Portland Community Toolbank - Member of Board of Directors
- Washington State Bar Association - Member
- Commercial Litigation
- Litigation - Construction
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.