Recognized since 2010
Bridgeport, West Virginia
Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants
Jamison (“Jami”) Cooper has a practice that focuses on pre-litigation and litigation matters. The particular fields in which she practices have included commercial disputes, insurance coverage, construction, contracts, personal injury and wrongful death, condemnation and eminent domain, premises liability, consumer products and “lemon law” issues, insurance bad faith and professional liability. In addition to her practice before the state and federal courts, she handles matters on an administrative or regulatory front, including matters pending before the West Virginia Insurance Commissioner and professional disciplinary matters before various boards and commissions. In conjunction with her work in litigation and professional liability, Ms. Cooper also provides counsel and advice to businesses, to include insurers and law firms, on professional liability and risk management issues. Ms. Cooper’s litigation practice is served well by her exceptional research and writing skills, her attention to detail, and her ability to communicate with clients in a way that helps them understand the complexities of the legal matters with which they are faced. After graduating law school in 1999, Jami served as law clerk to the Honorable Robert C. Chambers of the United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia (Huntington Division). In June, 2001, Jami joined Steptoe & Johnson PLLC, where she served that firm’s litigation clients until June, 2007, when she and Dan formed Cooper Law Offices, PLLC.
Jami has achieved an AV (Preeminent) Peer Review rating by Martindale-Hubble, is a SuperLawyers selectee, and has been annually recognized in The Best Lawyers in America since 2010. Jami was also named "Lawyer of the Year" in Insurance Law (Morgantown) by "Best Lawyers in America" for 2019.
Jami is admitted to practice before all West Virginia federal and state courts, including the Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia, the United States District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia, the United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia and the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Jami is a member of the West Virginia State Bar, the Harrison County Bar Association, the Defense Research Institute, and the American Bar Association. Jami currently serves as Regional Delegate for West Virginia Women Attorneys. Jami is currently serving her second two-year term on the Board of Directors for the National Conference of Women's Bar Associations and is the Social Media Chair for that organization. Jami has served on the Board for the Harrison County (WV) Bar Association since 2014, and currently holds the position as Vice President for that organization.
Jami graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree from James Madison University and completed her legal education at the West Virginia University College of Law.
In addition to her contributions to her clients and the legal community, Jami is an active member of the local community, serving on the Board of Directors for the Clarksburg Children’s House, the local Montessori School, and on the Board for Bridgeport High School's All-Sports Boosters.
Believing that our generation of parents faces unique and unprecedented safety concerns for their children, Jami, together with a former police officer and Internet-crime investigation trainer, volunteers her time coordinating and speaking to local middle and high-school aged children and their parents about the dangers presented by Internet-based platforms such as gaming systems and social media, which presentation includes difficult topics such as how to recognize and address risky online behaviors in young people, predatory behaviors of cyber-criminals who target children, human trafficking, cyber-bullying and teen suicide.
Jami lives in Bridgeport with her husband, Dan, and son, Brennan.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Direct Phone Number: 304-842-0505
- Phone Number: 304-842-0505
- Lawyer Page: https://www.cooperlawwv.com/firm-profiles/jamison-h-cooper/
- 240 West Main Street
Bridgeport, WV 26330
- West Virginia University, J.D., graduated 1999
- James Madison University, B.S. - English and Political Science, graduated 1996
- West Virginia, 1999
- American Bar Association - Member
- Bridgeport High School All Sports Boosters - Board Member
- Clarksburg Children's House - Montessori School - Board of Directors
- Defense Research Institute - Member
- Harrison County Bar Association - Vice President
- National Conference of Women's Bar Associations - Board of Directors, Social Media Committee Chair
- West Virginia Women Attorneys - Regional Delegate
- U.S. Circuit Court - 4th Circuit Court of Appeals
- West Virginia State Courts
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of W. Va.
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of W. Va.
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- United States District Court
- Insurance Law, Morgantown (2019)
- Insurance Law
- Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants
- 2019 Lawyer of the Year - Insurance Law (Morgantown) - Best Lawyers in America
- Order of the Barristers
- 1998 Baker Cup Moot Court Competition; West Virginia University - Best Brief
- 1999 Rabbi Seymour Seigel Memorial Moot Court Competition; Duke University - Best Brief Award
- Legal Malpractice Law
- Legal Malpractice Law - Defendants
- Professional Malpractice Law - Defendants
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.