James Swanson has decades of practical experience in legal issues related to technology, intellectual property, new media, and entertainment law. He enjoys helping clients to grow their businesses, deal with complex and leading-edge legal issues, and resolve their disputes in a results-oriented manner. James is regularly asked to present in front of industry organizations to share the depth of his experience, legal knowledge, and business acumen.
James provides pragmatic counsel and advice to assist his clients in managing legal risk in the rapidly changing environments of intellectual property and technology, and to effectively litigate and resolve disputes when the need arises. James has significant legal experience in a number of areas:
- Intellectual property matters including copyrights, patents, trade secrets, trade-marks, licensing, commercialization and technology transfer
- Technology matters including e-commerce, IT and software, electronic records and e-discovery, privacy, information governance, cyber security, energy-related technologies, and clean-tech
- Content, new media and entertainment law
- Employment law, particularly regarding intellectual property and privacy issues
- Civil litigation related to patents, trademarks, copyright, trade secrets and confidential information, technology issues, privacy, cyber security and e-discovery