James T. Scime is widely recognized as one of the region’s most skilled and respected attorneys. He practices in the areas of personal injury, construction accidents, products liability, medical malpractice, and automobile accidents. He devotes the majority of his time to trial and litigation matters.
Mr. Scime is widely respected among his peers for his trial and negotiating skills. Many local attorneys refer matters to him when their clients have sustained serious injuries. Over the course of his career, Mr. Scime has helped thousands of people recover financial awards for injuries they have sustained.
Mr. Scime serves as a member of the firm’s Management Committee.
- Adjunct Professor at State University of New York at Buffalo School of Law
- Accidents and Personal Injury
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Birth Injury
- Car Accidents
- Diagnosis Error
- Emergency Room Error
- Farm Accidents
- Dog Bite Injury
- Injury on Property
- Medical Malpractice
- Medical Devices
- Medication Error
- Mesothelioma and Asbestos
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Nurse Error
- Nursing Home Neglect
- Product Liability
- Surgery Error
- Tourist Accidents
- Workplace Accidents
- $25,000,000 A local driver who was severely injured when a liquid nitrogen tank he was delivering ruptured, received a structured settlement for his injuries
- $21,000,000 A young girl who received a structured settlement for injuries she sustained in an automobile accident
- $19,000,000 A young man who received a structured settlement for injuries resulting from a motorcycle accident
- $10,000,000 A woman who received a structured settlement as a result of injuries she sustained in an automobile accident
- $2,200,000 A 32-year-old construction worker whose case Mr. Scime tried and was awarded a verdict for nonsurgical back injuries he sustained when the scaffolding he was on collapsed
- $1,600,000 An operating engineer who received for leg injuries he sustained when he was struck by a piece of steel during the repair of a bridge
- $1,400,000 A Niagara County laborer who settled his claim for injuries to his back he received when he fell on a construction site
- $1,000,000 A drywall worker who received an arbitration award for injuries to his knee resulting from a fall off dry wall stilts.
In the News
Reporters seek commentary from Mr. Scime on a range of personal injury topics. Click on the links below for recent examples.