Recognized since 2005
Employment Law - Management
Government Relations Practice
Labor Law - Management
Jim Macy represents employers in all aspects of employment law including labor negotiations, discrimination defense, disability and ADA issues, wrongful discharge or employment contract disputes, non-competition issues and other difficult personnel transactions. He drafts employment agreements and negotiates employment severances. He represents employers of all sizes, including those with union and non-union workforces as well as police and fire departments.
Jim is Chair of the School Law Section and he represents numerous school districts providing advice on a wide variety of school law issues including student rights, records and discipline; policy issues; Board issues; and all contractual matters. He also serves as an independent hearing officer for student expulsion matters.
Jim has been recognized by The Best Lawyers in America® every year since 2011 and was named “Lawyer of the Year” in Employment Law-Management in both 2013 and 2015.
In 2018, Jim was recognized with the Lynne Webster Leadership Award by the Oshkosh Chamber of Commerce for his continued dedication to the Oshkosh community. He is a member of the Oshkosh Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors and serves as the Chair of the Oshkosh Leadership Steering Committee. Jim also served as a Director on Boards including the Grand Opera House, Town of Black Wolf Board of Zoning Appeals, the Oshkosh Area Humane Society and Unified Catholic Schools Foundation.
- 55 Jewelers Park Drive, Suite 400
Neenah, WI 54956
- University of Wisconsin–Madison, J.D., graduated 1982
- University of Wisconsin–La Crosse, B.S., graduated 1979
- Florida, The Florida Bar
- Wisconsin, State Bar of Wisconsin
- American Bar Association - Member
- National School Attorneys Association - Member
- State Bar of Wisconsin - Member
- Oshkosh Leadership Steering Committee - Board Member, Chair
- Town of Black Wolf - Board of Zoning Appeals, Chair
- Employment Law - Management, Green Bay (2015)
- Employment Law - Management, Green Bay (2013)
- Labor Law - Management, Green Bay (2013)
- Employment Law - Management
- Government Relations Practice
- Labor Law - Management
- Municipal Law
- Arbitration and Mediation
- Contract Disputes
- Covenants Not to Compete
- National Labor Relations Board
- Wrongful Discharge
- Lynne Webster Leadership Award, Oshkosh Chamber of Commerce (2018)
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Wisconsin Super Lawyers® (2005-2010)
- Contributing Author, “Public Sector Labor Relations in Wisconsin,” State Bar of Wisconsin
- Contributing Author, “Municipal Staff Reductions,” State Bar of Wisconsin
- Author, “Drafting Employee Manuals,” American Bar Association
- Author, “How to Advise in Harassment Cases,” American Bar Association
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.