Recognized since 2014
Government Relations Practice
Jim Davis, a member of Holland & Knight's Public Policy & Regulation Group, draws upon his extensive experience in the public sector to provide strategic legal, legislative and regulatory counsel to clients in Florida, the District of Columbia and across the country.
Mr. Davis served in the U.S. House of Representatives for 10 years, from 1997 to 2007. He represented the City of Tampa and portions of St. Petersburg, Bradenton and Hillsborough County, Florida. In 2006, Mr. Davis was the democratic nominee for governor of Florida.
While in Congress, Mr. Davis served on the Energy and Commerce Committee where he was focused on energy, telecommunications and electronic commerce, healthcare, the environment and consumer protection issues. In addition, Mr. Davis served on the Committee on International Relations and the Budget Committee, and was elected by his peers to be the president of the Democratic Freshman Class in 1997. Mr. Davis was also a leader of the U.S. House New Democratic Coalition, a group of centrist democrats, and served as their national co-chair.
Before entering Congress, Mr. Davis was a state representative in the Florida House of Representatives from 1988 to 1996, serving as the majority leader in 1995 and 1996. He was also in private practice in Tampa as a commercial litigator for 14 years. While in law school, the Tampa native served as chairman of the Moot Court Team.
Mr. Davis maintains offices in Tampa and Washington, D.C.
- Lawyer Page: https://www.hklaw.com/en/professionals/d/davis-jim
- 100 North Tampa Street, Suite 4100
Tampa, FL 33602
- Washington and Lee University, BA
- Florida, The Florida Bar
- ABC Action News, West Central Florida - Political Commentator
- Judeo Christian Health Clinic - Board of Directors
- Stetson University Parents Association - Vice President
- Tampa Bay Partnership - Board of Directors
- Tampa First Presbyterian Church - Board Member
- WEDU Public Broadcasting Service - Tampa Bay, Board Member
- Government Relations Practice
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.