Recognized since 2010
West Palm Beach, Florida
Litigation - Intellectual Property
Jim McCann has devoted his career to helping clients resolve individual and business disputes. Board Certified by The Florida Bar in Business Litigation, he is recognized for his experience in bench and jury trials, appeals, and dispute resolution across a wide variety of cases for clients in the financial services, healthcare, automotive, insurance, agriculture, real estate, and professional services sectors.
Jim litigates in state and federal courts, and utilizes alternative dispute resolution forums and techniques. His litigation experience includes appellate, class action, construction, financial services, healthcare, intellectual property, products and professional liability and personal injury, real estate, including foreclosures and tax assessment challenges, securities, corporate and partnership disputes, and trust and estates.
His practice began in Miami and moved to Palm Beach County in 1990, when Akerman tapped him to lead the opening of a new office. He has served as chair of Akerman’s Litigation Practice Group, and is recognized by The Best Lawyers in America for Commercial Litigation. He frequently teaches and lectures on trial tactics, ethics, and substantive law topics for bar associations and civic groups.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.akerman.com/en/people/james-mccann.html
- E-mail: email@example.com
- West Tower, Suite 1100
777 South Flager Drive
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
- University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign , J.D., graduated 1974
- Illinois, Illinois State Bar
- Florida, The Florida Bar
- Akerman Litigation Department, Steering Committee - Past Chair
- American Bar Association - Member
- Business Development Board, Palm Beach County, Florida - Member
- Defense Research Institute, Business Litigation Committee - Member
- Fifteenth Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission - Member
- Florida Bar Association, Member; Business Litigation Certification Committee - Member
- Illinois Bar Association - Member
- Palm Beach County Bar Association, Member; Circuit Civil Committee, Past Chair; Professionalism Committee, Member; Alternative Dispute Committee - Member
- Sorin Society, University of Notre Dame, South Bend, Indiana - Member
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Litigation - Intellectual Property, West Palm Beach (2014)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Litigation - Intellectual Property
- Commercial Litigation
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Rated
- Super Lawyers Magazine 2006-2011, Listed in Florida for Business Litigation, Estate Planning & Probate, and Personal Injury Defense: Products
- Board Certified in Business Litigation, The Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.