Jim Dworman concentrates his practice on commercial and real estate litigation (including landlord/tenant and collections), appeals, business and entertainment law. He formerly was law clerk to the Honorable William R. Beasley of the Michigan Court of Appeals.
- Successful defense in jury trial of real estate fraud.
- Successful defense in jury trial of fraudulent loan and investment claims.
- Successful prosecution in jury trial of sale of industrial tooling/defense of breach of contract and warranty claims.
- Numerous successful prosecutions of toolmaker and mold builder lien cases.
- Represent landlords of thousands of rental properties (residential, commercial and industrial).
- Represent numerous local and national sports, radio and television personalities.
Honors & Awards
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2013 edition for Commercial Litigation.
- 2012 Top Rated Lawyer in Commercial Litigation, American Lawyer Media.
- AV-rated, Martindale Hubbell Law Directory. For over 100 years, Martindale Hubbell has published peer review ratings for attorneys. An AV rating is a combination of the Legal Ability Rating (“A” from very high to preeminent) and the General Ethical Standards Rating (“V” very high)
- Listed as one of the "Top Lawyers in 2010" by dbusiness Business Journal
Community & Social Activities
- Official, High School Basketball and Football
- Coach, Federation Baseball
- Law Columnist, Referee, an international sports officiating magazine