Macfarlane Ferguson & McMullen, P.A.
Recognized since 2011
Employment Law - Management
Labor Law - Management
Litigation - Labor and Employment
Jim Craig has practiced management-side labor and employment law for more than 30 years. Jim has extensive experience in advising public sector and private employer clients in all aspects and stages of the employment relationship, including traditional labor relations law, representation and unfair labor practice cases, collective bargaining, drafting and review of hiring procedures, application documents, including immigration law compliance, and contracts, drafting review and training in employment law handbooks and policies, advice to employers regarding affirmative action plans and OFCCP audits; advising as to leave and disciplinary policies and pragmatic risk analysis of termination decisions; efficient management of, and representation in, all phases of litigation, including case budgeting, responding to administrative agencies, civil service hearings, grievances, discovery, mediation, arbitration, jury trial, and appeals.
Jim has authored numerous articles and frequently speaks to bar, community and civic organizations on labor and employment law topics.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: http://www.mfmlegal.com/attorney/james-m-craig/
- One Tampa City Center, Suite 2000
201 North Franklin Street
Tampa, FL 33602
- University of Florida, J.D., graduated 1986
- Duke University, AB, graduated 1983
- Florida, 1987
- Georgia, 1986
- Federal Court Practice Committee, The Florida Bar - Member 1991 – 2003, 2006 – 2012; Vice Chair, 2006-2007, 2007-2008; Chair, 2008-2009
- Florida Home Builders Association - Associate Director, 2009 – 2012
- Labor and Employment Law Certification Committee - Vice-Chair
- Labor and Employment Law Section, The Florida Bar - Publications Chair 2007-2008; Program Chair, “Advanced Labor Topics” 2010, 2012
- Tampa Bay Builders Association - Associate Director, 2004 – present; Secretary 2008 – 2009; First Vice President, 2009 - 2010, Life Director, 2009 – present
- Temple Terrace Golf and Country Club - Director, 2001 – 2003; 2005 – 2008; 2012 - present; Secretary 2001- 2003, 2005 - 2006, Vice President 2006 – 2007; President 2007 – 2008
- The Florida Bar - Speakers Bureau
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Employment Law - Management
- Labor Law - Management
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Recognized by Florida Super Lawyers (2006 - 2016)
- “Legal Elite” – Florida Trend Magazine
- AV-Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.