Recognized since 2014
Equity Capital Markets Law
Mergers and Acquisitions Law
James is an experienced transactional corporate partner who specialises in:
- M&A such as off-market takeover bids, schemes, capital reductions and buy-backs and in preparing and negotiating offer, disclosure and shareholder meeting documentation and joint venture, pre-bid and implementation agreements
- funds management including advising on the structuring, establishment, offering and restructuring of unit trusts and other investment vehicles
- equity capital markets for example advising on the documentation, and due diligence enquiries, for IPOs, placements, rights issues and option and share schemes
James’ work typically involves fund structuring and addressing regulatory and compliance issues relating to, and documenting transactions and investment vehicles regulated by, the Corporations Act and the Listing Rules, with an emphasis on the financial services industry.
During his career, James has worked on a myriad of financial products and offerings, from fixed interest and debt instruments through to hybrids, securities (including units), structured products and derivatives.
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Australia™ 2023 for work in:
- Commercial Law
- Corporate Law
- Equity Capital Markets Law
- Funds Management
- Investment Funds
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.