Recognized since 2021
James Little is a Partner in the Construction and Infrastructure Practice Group of Singleton Urquhart Reynolds Vogel LLP. He advises on domestic and international construction disputes, including court proceedings, negotiation, arbitration and other dispute resolution alternatives and for a wide variety of construction industry clients. In particular, James offers clients timely advice in relation to construction lien matters whether they are commencing a lien action or defending one. In addition, James advises clients on corporate matters including procurement, contract administration and dispute avoidance techniques.
James was part of the legal team acting on behalf of the Ontario Government in conducting a review of Ontario’s Construction Lien Act and delivering a report, Striking the Balance: Expert Review of the Construction Lien Act. He worked with Partners Bruce Reynolds and Sharon Vogel then worked closely with the Ministry of the Attorney General in drafting Bill 142, “An Act to Amend the Construction Lien Act.” Bill 142 included 98 out of the 101 recommendations presented in the report, and was recently proclaimed in the Ontario Legislative Assembly.
Subsequently, James was a member of the legal team acting for Public Service and Procurement Canada (PSPC) and the Government of Canada in conducting a review of prompt payment and adjudication on Federal construction projects. The report, Building a Federal Framework for Prompt Payment and Adjudication, was delivered to PSPC on June 8, 2018.
Prior to joining Singleton Reynolds, James was an Associate for a national law firm as a member of the Construction and Infrastructure Group. James also spent time as counsel to an international insurance corporation, working as part of its Bond and Specialty Insurance Group where he was actively engaged with contractors, owners and subcontractors in resolving bond claims and project disputes.
- 150 King Street West, Suite 2512
PO Box 24
Toronto, ON M5H 1J9
- Ontario, 2014
- Ontario, 2014
- Canadian Bar Association - Member
- Canadian Bar Association Young Lawyers Subcommittee for Construction and Infrastructure Law - Chair
- Ontario Bar Association - Member
- Ontario Bar Association Construction and Infrastructure Section Executive - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada™ 2023 for work in:
- Construction Law
- Award of Excellence, 2019 (The Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors “RICS” and the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators “CIArb.”)
- Recognized in Benchmark Canada – The Definitive Guide to Canada’s Leading Litigation Firms & Attorneys as a “Future Litigation Star”.
- Recognized in Who’s Who Legal – Future Leader.
- Recognized as a leading lawyer in the Lexpert® Globe and Mail Report on Business Special Edition on Infrastructure.
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.