Level Twenty Seven Chambers
Recognized since 2022
Construction / Infrastructure Law
James undertakes a variety of complex corporate and commercial work in the State and Federal Courts of Australia. He acts for a broad range of domestic and international clients including ASX200-listed companies, high net-worth individuals, directors, shareholders, company liquidators, banks and government entities. James has particular experience in arbitration, contract law, construction litigation, competition and consumer law, insolvency, trusts and administrative law.
Before joining Level Twenty Seven Chambers, James worked at Linklaters in London and Brussels, and at national law firms in Australia. He was also an associate to Chief Justice Keane (as his Honour then was) in the Federal Court of Australia. James graduated from the University of Queensland in 2010 with a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) and Bachelor of Economics (Hons) with the University Medal. He also holds a Bachelor of Civil Law (Distinction) from the University of Oxford.
Enquires as to rates and availability may be made directly to email@example.com or to Chambers’ clerk (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Acting for an international commodity trader in proceedings to enforce a $30M arbitral award issued under LCIA rules (instructed by Clayton Utz).
- Acting for the State of Western Australia in proceedings to resist the enforcement of an arbitral award by Mineralogy Pty Ltd and International Minerals Pty Ltd (judgment available here) (instructed by Clatyton Utz).
- Acting for an international mining company in relation to foreign arbitral proceedings involving multiple claims totalling over $4 billion (instructed by Corrs Chambers Westgarth).
- Acting for Telstra in proceedings in the Queensland Supreme Court (judgment available here) (instructed by King & Wood Mallesons).
- Acting for the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency in regulatory proceedings concerning a health practitioner (instructed by MinterEllison).
- Acting for shareholders in a class action against Ardent Leisure in the Federal Court (most recent judgment available here) (instructed by Piper Alderman).
Contact & Links
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Direct Phone Number: 61 7 3008 3995
- Lawyer Page: https://
- Level 27, 239 George Street
Brisbane QLD 4000
- University of Oxford, BCL (Distinction), graduated 2013
- The University of Queensland, LLB/BEcon (Hons I), graduated 2011
- Australia, 2014
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb) - Associate Member
- Selden Society (Australia) - Member
- Society of Construction Law (Australia) - Member
24 The Best Lawyers in Australia™ awards
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Australia™ 2023 for work in:
- Construction / Infrastructure Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.