Recognized since 2022
Washington, District of Columbia
Jamie's representations have involved the taxation of financial instruments, the timing of income and deductions, corporate reorganizations, deductions for worthless investments, the substance-over-form and economic substance doctrines, civil tax penalties, and other areas of tax law.
From 2006 to 2013, Jamie was a trial attorney with the Tax Division of the U.S. Department of Justice, where he was lead counsel for the government in over 100 civil tax cases, and he received two Outstanding Attorney awards. Jamie has served as Chair and Vice-Chair of the D.C. Bar Tax Audits and Litigation Committee, and has been named to The Best Lawyers in America for Tax Law.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.ipbtax.com/attorneys-James_Brown
- 1717 K Street, NW, Suite 600
Washington, DC 20006-5343
- Harvard University , J.D., graduated 2003
- District of Columbia, District of Columbia Bar
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Sixth and Eleventh Circuits
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Tax Court
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Tax Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.