Recognized since 2001
Criminal Defense: General Practice
Criminal Defense: White-Collar
Mr. Felman is a graduate of Wake Forest University, B.A. cum laude, 1984, and Duke University, M.A. Phil. and J.D. with high honors (Order of the Coif), 1987, where he was Administrative Editor of The Journal of Law and Contemporary Problems. Following law school, Mr. Felman was a law clerk to Judge Theodore McMillian of the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit.
From 1994 to 2008, Mr. Felman organized the Annual National Seminar on the Federal Sentencing Guidelines. He was a member of the Practitioners' Advisory Group (PAG) to the Sentencing Commission from 1994 to 2009, served as co-chair of the PAG from 1998 to 2002, and has testified on a variety of topics relating to sentencing law before Congress and the Sentencing Commission.
Mr. Felman is the co-chair of the Sentencing Committee of the ABA and serves on the governing council of the ABA Criminal Justice Section. Mr. Felman is a former President of the Tampa Bay Chapter of the Federal Bar Association, and has been elected to The American Law Institute.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.kmf-law.com/attorneys/james-e-felman/
- 100 South Ashley Drive, Suite 1450
P.O. Box 3396
Tampa, FL 33601-3396
- Duke University , MA Phil., graduated 1987
- Duke University School of Law, JD, graduated 1987
- Wake Forest University, BA, graduated 1984
- ABA - Co-Chair, Sentencing Committee
- United States Court of Appeals
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Criminal Defense: General Practice, Tampa (2021)
- Criminal Defense: White-Collar, Tampa (2018)
- Criminal Defense: White-Collar, Tampa (2015)
- Appellate Practice, Tampa (2014)
- Criminal Defense: General Practice, Tampa (2012)
- Criminal Defense: White-Collar, Tampa (2011)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Appellate Practice
- Bet-the-Company Litigation
- Criminal Defense: General Practice
- Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- Criminal Appeals
- Criminal Investigations
- Drug Offenses
- Grand Jury
- State and Federal
- Vehicular Manslaughter
- Violent and Nonviolent Crimes
- Marcelino "Bubba" Huerta III Award for Pro Bono Service and the Pursuit of Equal Justice
- George C. Carr Memorial Award for Excellance in Federal Practice
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.