Recognized since 2018
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
James Silver is a Partner in the firm’s Fort Lauderdale office and heads the firm’s Commercial Creditors Rights Bankruptcy Practice. With over 30 years of experience, James is a commercial litigator who concentrates his practice on business bankruptcies, receiverships, the enforcement of creditors’ rights, and complex commercial litigation.
As a trial attorney, James has handled commercial disputes in a wide variety of practice areas. His experience includes individual and class shareholder actions, Ponzi scheme litigation, shareholder derivative suits, fraudulent transfer litigation, disputes between owners and among shareholders or stakeholders, lender liability claims, litigation arising in connection with distressed assets, securities litigation, class action defense, banking litigation, misappropriation of trade secrets and general bankruptcy litigation.
James also represents fiduciaries, including receivers, assignees for the benefit of creditors, and trustees in all forums. His practice covers a full spectrum of complex insolvency issues for clients in diverse industries, including real estate, financial and economic services, state and local governments, e-commerce and telecommunications.
James is a certified Circuit Court Mediator in Florida and has mediated cases involving legal malpractice, Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, and state court creditors’ rights litigation. He is rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell since 1992, which indicates a demonstration of the highest professional and ethical standards, and is the highest rating a lawyer can receive.
James graduated in the top 3% of his law school class and served as the Associate Research Editor of the University of Miami Law Review.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: http://www.kelleykronenberg.com/attorney-profiles/james-silver/
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 10360 West State Road 84
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33324
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., graduated 1982
- Arizona State University, B.S., graduated 1979
- Florida, 1982
- Broward County Bar Association - Member, since 2008
- Florida Bar, Business Law Section - Member, since 2001
- Florida Bar, Business Law Section, Bankruptcy and U.C.C. Committee - Member, since 2001
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court. Northern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Fort Lauderdale Illustrated, “Top Lawyer”, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law, 2020 – 2021
- South Florida Legal Guide, “Top Lawyers,” 2007, 2013 – 2017, 2020 – 2021
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV® Preeminent ™, since 1992
- Daily Business Review, “Most Effective Lawyer”, Bankruptcy Category, 2013
- University of Miami Law Review, Associate Research Editor, 1982
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.