Recognized since 2017
Health Care Law
Real Estate Law
Jim Vail joined the firm in 1979 and has been a Partner since 1986. He served as the firm's Managing Partner from 1996 through 2019. Jim primarily counsels businesses, nonprofit and health care organizations in all aspects of their operations, including formations, mergers and organizations, joint ventures, contracting, and succession planning.
Jim argued a case before the United States Supreme Court where he obtained a unanimous favorable decision. Spectrum Sports, Inc. v. McQuillan, 506 U.S. 447 (1992). Jim has appeared before courts at all levels in Ohio, as well as various federal district courts, and the Sixth and Ninth Federal Circuit Courts of Appeal.
Jim currently serves on the board of directors of the Center for Community Solutions. He was previously a member of the Cleveland Heights Charter Review Commission, and has served on several boards of directors including Family Connections, Ingenuity Festival, Heights Parent Center, Cleveland Heights/University Heights Public Library, and Reaching Heights. Jim has lived in Cleveland Heights for more than 40 years and is active in several Cleveland Heights organizations.
- One Cleveland Center, Suite 900
1375 East Ninth Street
Cleveland, OH 44114
- Case Western Reserve University, J.D., graduated 1979
- Case Western Reserve University, B.A., graduated 1975
- Ohio, State of Ohio
- American Bar Association - Member
- Ohio State Bar Association - Member
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association - Member
- American Health Lawyers Association - Member
- Eighth District Judicial Conference - Life Member
- Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Law
- Health Care Law
- Real Estate Law
- Matindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent®
Selected to Ohio Super Lawyers® list: 2023
- Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
- Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.