Recognized since 2012
Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
Workers' Compensation Law - Claimants
James Christopher Munley is an award-winning plaintiffs’ lawyer who has dedicated his career to fighting for accident victims and their families. As a board-certified civil trial advocate, Chris is widely regarded across the United States as a leading personal injury attorney. Chris has zealously represented thousands of truck collision, car crash, medical malpractice, and other catastrophic accident victims, winning millions for his clients.
A champion of workers’ rights, Chris was recognized as the workers’ compensation Lawyer of the Year, and has been named to the lists of Best Lawyers in America, Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, and Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Pennsylvania.
In 2008, Chris founded ATLAS Lawyers, a series of legal seminars that bring together talented, innovative experts from across the country to share their ideas on how to market and manage a thriving 21st-century law firm.
Outside of his contributions in courtrooms and negotiation rooms across the United States, Chris is dedicated to improving local Pennsylvania communities. He serves as the chairman of Lackawanna County’s PNC Field, which is home to the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Railriders (a New York Yankees AAA Affiliate), the President of the Scranton Club, and a board member for the Northeast Pennsylvania Chapter of the Girl Scouts of America. In addition, he regularly speaks at senior community centers on relevant safety topics.
Chris and his wife Dr. Maria Yager Munley are the proud parents of two children.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://munley.com/our-attorneys/james-christopher-munley/
- E-mail: email@example.com
- 227 Penn Avenue
Scranton, PA 18503
- Catholic University of America, B.A., graduated 1990
- Oklahoma City University , J.D., graduated 1994
- Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Association for Justice - Member
- Lackawanna Bar Association - Member
- Luzerne County Bar Association - Member
- Northeastern Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association - Member
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice - Board of Governors
- Pennsylvania Bar Association - Member
- US District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania - Member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Workers' Compensation Law - Claimants, Allentown (2016)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Workers' Compensation Law - Claimants
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Board Certified Civil Trial Specialist, National Board of Trial Advocates
- Listed in “Best Lawyers in America” since 2012
- Named “Lawyer of the Year” for Workers’ Compensation-Claimants by Best Lawyers, 2016
- AV-Preeminent Rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- Named to the Irish Legal 100
- Named to Top 100 Trial Lawyers in PA by the National Trial Lawyers
- Motor Vehicle Trial Lawyers Association, Top 25
- Super Lawyer 2005-present
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.