Recognized since 2015
St. Louis, Missouri
Employment Law - Management
James C. Hetlage is an experienced employment attorney, litigator, and municipal attorney. He represents government and private-sector employers before state and federal administrative agencies, trial courts and appellate courts. Mr. Hetlage is experienced in resolving employment discrimination claims and other labor and employment disputes in court and through mediation and arbitration. He has addressed the impact of social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter for employers, and has counseled employers on proper means for avoiding discrimination and harassment claims.
Mr. Hetlage serves as the City Attorney for Glendale, MO and Wentzville, MO. In that capacity, Mr. Hetlage addresses substantially all of the legal needs of these cities, including preparation and review of ordinances and contracts, analysis of zoning and land use issues, Sunshine Law requests, and personnel matters.
Mr. Hetlage partners with his employer and municipal clients to identify ways to avoid risk and keep his clients out of the courtroom. Mr. Hetlage provides clients with counseling and guidance on drafting and implementing ordinances, employment policies and on Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), wage and hour, and discrimination compliance issues. In addition, he handles litigation involving commercial disputes including breach of contract, condemnation, construction, and real estate matters.
Jim has been selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America for his work in Employment Law – Management since 2015 and has been selected for inclusion in Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers (Employment & Labor) since 2009. He earned his J.D. from Washington University School of Law.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: http://www.lashlybaer.com/james-c-hetlage/
- 714 Locust Street
St. Louis, MO 63101
- Kenyon College, BA, graduated 1986
- United States, United States Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- United States, Eighth Judicial Circuit
- United States, Federal Circuit
- United States, Eastern District of Missouri
- United States, Western District of Missouri
- Missouri, Supreme Court of Missouri
- Illinois, Supreme Court of Illinois
- USLaw Network - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Employment Law - Management
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV® PreeminentTM Peer Review Rating • The Best Lawyers in America® 2015 Employment Law - Management • Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers Employment & Labor, 2005, 2009-Present • Human Resource Management Association of St. Louis, 2002-Pre
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.