Recognized since 2018
Workers' Compensation Law - Claimants
James A. Yoro is a senior partner with Chain | Cohn | Stiles, where he manages the firm’s workers’ compensation practice. He is also a Certified Workers’ Compensation Professional in California, and is one of the most veteran and most respected workers’ compensation lawyers in the San Joaquin Valley.
James attended Garces Memorial High School, before obtaining his bachelor’s degree from the University of California, Berkeley and his law degree from the UC Berkeley School of Law. Following law school, he worked as a staff attorney with Greater Bakersfield Legal Assistance before joining the firm as an associate in 1982, and becoming a partner in 1987.
James recently served the President of Kern County Bar Association, and was recently recognized in the Best Lawyers in America program, which is the oldest and among the most respected attorney ranking services in the world. He has argued cases before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals the California Supreme Court. For nearly 40 years, he has fought day in and day out for the rights of injured workers.
He has also served as Chairman of the Board of Directors for Greater Bakersfield Legal Assistance, on the Board of Governors for the California Applicants’ Attorneys Association, and the Board of Directors for Kern Regional Center.
Outside of the office, James is also deeply involved in the Filipino community and participates in the annual Philippine Weekend festival in Delano.
- 1731 Chester Avenue, Suite 100
Bakersfield, CA 93301-5220
- University of California Berkeley, J.D., graduated 1979
- California, California
- California Applicants’ Attorneys Association - Membrer
- Consumer Attorneys of California - Member
- Kern County Bar Association - Past President
- National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives (NOSSCR) - Member
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- Workers' Compensation Law - Claimants
- Best Law Firm, The Bakersfield Californian Readers' Choice Poll
- Best Lawyers, Best Lawyers in America
- Super Lawyer, Southern California Super Lawyers
- Top Attorneys, Bakersfield Life Magazine
- Kern Green Award, Kern Green
- Community Champion Award, Mothers Against Drunk Driving
- Corporation of the Year, Beautiful Bakersfield Awards
- Best Law Firm, U.S. News & World Report
- Insurance Law
- Workers' Compensation Law - Employers
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.